If you had to HATE one thing about Homebrewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate is such a strong word.. I HATE nothing about brewing.. At no point do I heave with hatred and curse what I am doing.. If you do, find another hobby (or seek therapy.. )

The things I like less.. hmm.. I would go with not having enough money to buy all the toys I want to buy.. I see some amazing things here, and being an impatient person I get a bit envious.. All kinds of plans for temperature control (mash, ferm and server), better milling, more automation etc, etc...

That said, anything to do with brewing is good..

This is actually a very good answer, and those of us whom said we HATE things about brewing should be caned! :drunk:

This is the only thing to legitimately hate!!!

Nope! Sorry, but that's still not justifiable! You should embrace a kicked keg as an opportunity to brew more good beer! After all, if you didn't have an empty keg (or bottles) you couldn't brew in the first place. It's the circle of brewing. Acuna Matata! :mug:

did anyone say diarrhea? just kidding. i like not having to strain. little islands fall out of my body...

I hate when I accidently leave a valve open and burn my legs and feet with hot wort from the mash tun. Some how I manage to do this every few brews.

RiffMagnum said:
No it isn't. Sorry, but there's been too many posts about labels. I had to say something. Soak them in oxyclean and water for a couple days. They fall right off.

Depends on the brand. Have had some that won't come off no matter what you soak them in.

Bottling. I have a bad back so a lot of things are tough for me but bottling by far makes me want to tear my spine out and set it on fire.

Rocky71 said:
Bottling. I have a bad back so a lot of things are tough for me but bottling by far makes me want to tear my spine out and set it on fire.

Not sure of your living situation but check out revvys thread on bottling he's got some good tips about making the process casual instead of painfully uncomfortable. I put my bottling bucket on my kitchen counter, pull up a chair and table, and sit down the whole time. Saves my back and knees a lot of ache.

I hate that I want all the cool A/G gear NOW, but don't have it in the budget. So, a couple more extract batches won't hurt. I also hate waiting for bottle conditioning. I need to get this rig going and get to kegging!

I wish I could have a day all to myself for brewing. My brew days don't start until the kids are in bed at 8pm. With AG that's a real pain.

I need a day where I have a starter ready, I can brew at 10, start drinking at noon, and take a nap at 4, get up to pizza and wings at 6 and watch Southpark re-runs till I pass out and then sleep it off the next day.

I have a better chance of seeing God.

Not sure of your living situation but check out revvys thread on bottling he's got some good tips about making the process casual instead of painfully uncomfortable. I put my bottling bucket on my kitchen counter, pull up a chair and table, and sit down the whole time. Saves my back and knees a lot of ache.

Sounds pretty close to what I'm doing but I'll check it out. Thanks! :mug:

Another vote for bottling here. I HATE bottling. i started using 22 bombers and 2 liter soad bottles to save time and then began kegging just to avoid it. To play devil's advocate with myself I do enjoy the convience of taking bottles with me, or giving them to friends though.

I don't mind bottling as much cause I Keg, and use my bottle filler to do one case per batch after carbing in the keg....nice and clear with very little sediment.

Cleaning..... including bottles,pots,tuns,hoses,kegs,taps,spoons,chillers,thermometers,hydrometers,sample tubes,mason jars for yeast washing,flasks,stir bars,siphons,floors,stoves,BIAB bags,buckets,carboys,and airlocks. Other than that it's all good.

Back