If you could make one thing easier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eqttrdr

Reaction score
If you could make one thing easier in the whole process from start to finish in home brewing what would it be and why?

just curious about everyone's opinions

Cleaning is a given, but since I don't own any kegs I'd probably go with bottling. Having a way to significantly cut down on bottling time would be great.

Cleaning is a given, but since I don't own any kegs I'd probably go with bottling. Having a way to significantly cut down on bottling time would be great.

22 ounce bottles.... 50% time savings.

I bottled for a LONG time.... still do some. Nothing better than 22 ounce bottles for speeding things up.

22 ounce bottles.... 50% time savings.

I bottled for a LONG time.... still do some. Nothing better than 22 ounce bottles for speeding things up.

I do use some 22oz bottles when bottling, but it's nice having the option of cracking open a 12oz when I'm only in the mood for a single glass.

That said, filling 22oz bottles still takes roughly the same amount of time as filling the equivalent amount of 12ozers. I think if the filling part could go quicker I'd be much happier on bottling day.

Maybe I should just buy some dang kegs already.

I don't mind the actual bottling myself, especially since I got enough swing tops. Cleaning all those bottles totally sucks though. I am probably over cleaning, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Cleaning up. Don't mind sanitizing and cleaning prior to beer going into the fermenter, but I hate how long it takes to actually clean the kettle, chiller, and various other things after the beer is actually safely in the fermenter. Just doesn't seem like it should take that long after having already spent hours actually brewing !

Dragging everything out and putting it all away at the end. From starting the burner for strike water to pitching yeast is fine, but from dragging everything out to having a beer on the couch takes way too long. I need a dedicated space for brewing where everything can just be where it lives.

Back