If you aren't drinking homebrew, whatcha drinkin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thehopguy

Reaction score
I'm currently drinking a bomber of Stone's Sublimely Self Righteous Ale.

MMmm.. can't seem to get enough of this stuff lately. Black IPA with my favorite blend of hops...amarillo and simcoe (columbus is in this one too)

Sober again. No beer at the moms house. I'd like to get out of here for a beer or 3 tho.

Mmm.Damn now im going to have to get another bomber of self-righteous.One of the best black ipa's ive never tried.Im drinking an incredible dunkle i brewed more than a few months ago(with smoked malt and honey),what a treat. i havent been up for many dark beers since all the hot weather but its nice to have one.Ill probably end up getting some Rogue i havent tried before or yet another bottle of SN Southern Hemisphere.Gonna brew up a big beer this weekend tryiing some Muntons gold yeast for the first time,seen the experation date and was like oh crap better try this out,hopefully i like this yeast.
You just remided me too.I have some simcoe gonna have to incorperate this,now i got a plan.

I like to try something I haven't had before. Just got Southern Tier IPA a couple days ago. That is a nice IPA.

That's some good stuff. I've been nursing a bottle of Lagavulin 16 for about 6 months now.
One of my favorite whiskies ever, right there. Have you had any of the Laphroaig offerings? I love their Quarter Cask. I've also got their 10 year cask strength which is just amazing.

-Joe

Love the peaty ones... Oban, Laphroaig, Talisker is my favorite. I have big dreams to brew a massive smoked scotch ale and dump an entire bottle of Talisker in and let it sit for 2 years...

bottlebomber said:
Love the peaty ones... Oban, Laphroaig, Talisker is my favorite. I have big dreams to brew a massive smoked scotch ale and dump an entire bottle of Talisker in and let it sit for 2 years...

Mmmmm...talisker

I usually get beers I either love, or just haven't had before. Craft brewers are getting more love in my small town. Right now I have a sample pack from Big Sky brewery because I wanted different beers. I am getting a keg of homebrew ready next week, so I'll be good there :)

Southern Tier IPA and Great Lakes Commander Perry IPA. I like to keep it close to home if its not brewed in it.

bottlebomber said:

I don't know anything about scotch except for Ardbeg. Give me the smoke.

One of my favorite whiskies ever, right there. Have you had any of the Laphroaig offerings? I love their Quarter Cask. I've also got their 10 year cask strength which is just amazing.

-Joe

Love me some Laphroaig as well. The Quarter Cask is unreal. I generally prefer Islays. The Macallan is actually one of the few mainland scotches that I think stands out.

Qhrumphf said:
Love me some Laphroaig as well. The Quarter Cask is unreal. I generally prefer Islays. The Macallan is actually one of the few mainland scotches that I think stands out.

Macallan is pretty good, however in MO you have to get into the really pricey stuff before it really shines, and its more because of caramelly smoothness than complexity. Johhny Gold can get you that for 1/2 the price. The Belvenie lineup is really amazing... they have whiskys from many different wood casks, my friend has them all. Eash distinct and wonderful... now that's an expensive habit

I just bought a Central Waters Brewhouse coffee stout 4 pack. It is better than Hinterland's Luna coffee stout but it still is not a Founder's Breakfast stout. I am just going to PSA this...It is slightly impairing to have 7 gallons of a PTE clone on tap...:drunk:

Tonite I had a Sammy Simcoe IPA, Sam 48th Lat IPA and a Sam East West Kolsch. The Simcoe IPA and the Kolsch were outstanding, I mean really, really good. The 48th Lat IPA was kinda meh for me. Also had a SN California Common, not bad, not great.

In the fridge I have SN Southern Hemi Harvest and Laginitas Little Sumpin' both of which I'm dieing to try. Also in the fridge is Custom Brewcrafters Caged Alpha Monkey which is a very nice West Coast style IPA.

On a side note, I'd like to give a plug to Custom Brewcrafters. If you find yourself in western NY looking for a nice regional craft, CB does a good job on everything thing they make and they're good peeps too. They are based out of Honeyoe Falls (Rochester) NY.

I was able to sneak out and have a pair of regional IPAs. Voodoo 4 Seasons IPA and Southern Tier IPA. I feel better now.

Just purchased a keg of Swamphead Cottonmouth, a Belgian Wheat, from the local nanobrewery.

Latest posts

Back