I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gods what a night. Had a few beers and then ended up at a bar with a band playing. Turns out I know the band and just the way I am I asked the girl behind the bar to save me bottles

Now I got to explain to my wife that I need to go to the bar and collect bottles tommorow night. Other than jamming with the band I am thinking tonight was a bust

Sigh and a big bugger

Varmintman said:
What is up with that. I was a single parent with sole custody for years before I met and married my wife last Oct. I would not have had it any other way but my X wanted nothing to do with her.

I feel extremely lucky to have found a good person to share my life with now. Never would have thought it

Is nice to be in the company of a couple other single fathers.

Is nice to be in the company of a couple other single fathers.

Well since I'm near 50, live in a small town and have a seven year old daughter, I agree that it's good to see some others that can relate to what that life's all about.
Rewarding and tiring all at the same time.

Bonus tonight at work. Got to watch a band that was actually really good. Poor Man's Poison. Despite my attempts it's actually been a slow night.

(This is how I ensure a busy night that goes by fast)

lol, same here. My mother works late also, so sometimes she'll call me and she ALWAYS, ALWAYS asks "Is it busy tonight?" I have a bunch of creative answers that I believe don't go too far for our superstition. Other ways to ruin a slow night: light a cigar, sit down to do administrative work, head to the bathroom and take my belt off. The ultimate number one way to ruin a slow night at work: order something that cannot be eaten in the car.

I had 2 Lime-a-Rita's last night, then I moved on to some other beers while my wife had a friend over she's fitting for a wedding dress. Those two proceeded to drink the rest of my Lime-a-Rita's :mad:

Airborneguy said:
lol, same here. My mother works late also, so sometimes she'll call me and she ALWAYS, ALWAYS asks "Is it busy tonight?" I have a bunch of creative answers that I believe don't go too far for our superstition. Other ways to ruin a slow night: light a cigar, sit down to do administrative work, head to the bathroom and take my belt off. The ultimate number one way to ruin a slow night at work: order something that cannot be eaten in the car.

One that always ensures a busy night for me is thinking about smoking a cigarette.

Airborneguy said:
Hmm, what does it say about our new drink when women slam them down? :D

That we're getting laid, I'm pretty sure... Right? ;)
My wife's friend said "oh these are cute, what are these the official drink of the high school prom?" She kept going back though. And there was plenty of other stuff they could have had.

bottlebomber said:
That we're getting laid, I'm pretty sure... Right? ;)
My wife's friend said "oh these are cute, what are these the official drink of the high school prom?" She kept going back though. And there was plenty of other stuff they could have had.

Maybe a three way for you

I decided to conserve beer, a drought coming over, and not have a couple last night. So now it's nearly noon here and I still haven't been to sleep. Usually I take the insomniac pills with a couple beers. work like a charm, but pill by itself just made me feel like crap and never did get any sleep!! I will complain to my doctor about his ridiculous "limit your drinking to 2 nights a week". He didn't even say how much in those 2 nights! What if I'd rather drink them evenly throughout the week!

So now I am finally drinking a couple beers, long night and morning of not drinking beer and not sleeping... good night!!!

Then I had to go back for a second dessert, because, look, I am still awake!

If I had a beer for breakfast I'd have a nap for lunch and then I'd be up all night. Wait, I am up all night. :drunk:

Dan said:
Well I woke up Sunday morning with not way to hold my head that didn't hurt

Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes and found my cleanest dirty shirt....

Then I washed my face and combed my hair

I'm here. All night long. My butt didn't hit the seat before our first call. Little old lady fall down go boom. Only thing was it wasn't a little old lady. We found that out 5 minutes after we began treating her errrr him...

Here is a song I remember hearing on the AM radio in the very early 70's. I was around 8-9 years old, growing up in the Mid-West.

I "helped" my dad paint the front porch that summer. No latex back then, very distinctive oil based smell. This song must have played quite a few times on the radio because it takes me back to that simple time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrb1TCQwxXA

snaps10 said:
I'm here. All night long. My butt didn't hit the seat before our first call. Little old lady fall down go boom. Only thing was it wasn't a little old lady. We found that out 5 minutes after we began treating her errrr him...

Was it an elderly tranny or hermaphrodite?

Elderly. I felt bad. Didn't speak any English and I don't think he knew he was wearing women's clothing.

Not my job, but earlier today an obese lady fell right through a sidewalk here. Thank god I wasn't there because it would have been really hard not to laugh.

Airborneguy said:
Not my job, but earlier today an obese lady fell right through a sidewalk here. Thank god I wasn't there because it would have been really hard not to laugh.

What, how?

Airborneguy said:

Man I would have loved to be on that one.

On a fun note:
I went to Starbucks for my complimentary cup of coffee. I don't know why, but they stopped charging me about 2 months ago. They even tell the new people, "This is Daniel, he comes in every night he works. He brings his own cup and takes a little bit of milk. Oh, and we don't charge him". Anyway, the Barista looks at me and says, "So, do you just trust us to make your coffee right every night?" I said, "absolutely, why do you ask?" Her reply, "No reason, it's just that we started putting two shots of espresso in yours. The other guy even put four in the other day." She thought it was hilarious. I just shrugged my shoulders. Not gonna complain about free coffee.

Airborneguy said:

When you fall through the sidewalk, where do you go from there?

Back