I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hippie side. I spent over two decades in the military and served honorably. Not in the Navy anymore. Trevor Hall smoked up a big fatty before he wrote this, think he probably does it often. I still don't smoke that stuff or anything like that, well wine I do drink.

Anyway, he says it better than me. Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5m2bUlThew

Should have had coffee. Had grapefruit wine instead. Then found this thread. Coincidence? I think not!

Dan said:
Just a movie clip from one of the greatest movies ever made. But is this what we do to our fellow human beings? Really? Is this what we are about?

Man I know I'm not about this. I personally don't have any troops dispatched to any location.

Growing mushrooms huh? I went through an upscale farmers market in the city where they were selling mushroom growing kits that you grow under a large glass cloche. Looks like you'd get a couple pounds off each harvest. What do you do?

They grow on downed trees, flip the log over, grab the mushrooms. Go for $8-$9 a pound. Shiitake, and some other varieties, no, I'm not cursing again.

Good music.... all we are saying... just give peace a chance....

All we are saying....

Who wants to run away with me to a private island? I will bring my skills :cross:

Well, if we're going to post our favorites, you can't beat this guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy folks. See a few familiar faces in here.

Can't sleep. Flu is kicking my ass so I'm drinking water, gatorade, and a little beer. Need to get some calories some how. :p

Damn, after that song... I owe at least $15.00....whine, whine, whine...

Hi everybody! Seems as I was looking for songs to post a few folks popped in. Going to go listen now to the songs Snaps posted. Will be back in a while. Cheers my internet friends! :D

Driving around Manhattan doing my thing. Good night so far. Going to eat some leftover deer stew later. Hopefully that's the highlight of my night.

Still pissed I didn't get an elk last year, but I still have some deer sausage and wild turkey meat. Oh, and my javelina hunt in a few weeks. :eek:

Stay safe out there, as always, and tell Andy Cipowicz we said hi. :p

BobbiLynn said:
They grow on downed trees, flip the log over, grab the mushrooms. Go for $8-$9 a pound. Shiitake, and some other varieties, no, I'm not cursing again.

You can eat shiitakes all you want if you're sure they're safe ;)

Airborneguy said:
Driving around Manhattan doing my thing. Good night so far. Going to eat some leftover deer stew later. Hopefully that's the highlight of my night.
Wonder how many of the other cops are eating venison stew this evening. Anyone else hunt and such, or are you the odd duck?
AZ_IPA said:
Still pissed I didn't get an elk last year, but I still have some deer sausage and wild turkey meat. Oh, and my javelina hunt in a few weeks. :eek:

Stay safe out there, as always, and tell Andy Cipowicz we said hi. :p

You'll probably end up blasting a unicorn..

I think I have until the end of this month to shoot a buck legally. Gonna try to do it with the .44 Ruger. Boom! Now, I am going to gut you and eat you....

I think I have until the end of this month to shoot a buck legally. Gonna try to do it with the .44 Ruger. Boom! Now, I am going to gut you and eat you....

Dang! You still have season? That's awesome.
The old Ruger 44 works well on them critters.

Dang! You still have season? That's awesome.
The old Ruger 44 works well on them critters.

I believe it runs until the end of this month, January, here. Don't quote me on that..private property anyway... we do what we'd like to do.. within the limits of the law, of course....

I do miss the long hunting seasons in North Idaho.
I use to be able to go out with the old Sharps, the encore pistol, the 44, the 444 Marlin, and on and on.
When the season got near the end, if I didn't have anything I could grab the Remington Sendero or the Ruger 338 and put meat in the freezer.
In Washington the seasons are short, crowded and the critters are harder to come by.
I think I'm going to use the old longbow for deer next year and maybe a flintlock for the elk.
Longer seasons and less people. More fun also.

Snaps.. you hit the nail on the head with the Waylon and Willie song. The two of them alone made great music. Together. Effing amazing. We might be two of the old dudes on this thread that understand that, maybe.

Thank you for posting that song. Made my day! Okay. Night!

Well not Waylon, but I'll bet you love this one also.

Willie did nice pairings with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back