I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this going to become another gun thread? :drunk:

I think this is an anything thread. Subject changes often.
A guy who has a mile range commented, and that interests a couple of us.

I'm sure we'll be back onto late night activity, music, rats with outfits and the assortment of other things tonight.
Being a Friday, but most of us being WAY to old for serious Friday activity, it's bound to spawn some new topics.

My wife and I were talking today about when the kid leaves the house how we will have time to go out and party and such. I looked at her and hon it takes me 3 days to recover from going out once a week to beer and cigar night. I really do not see us going out any more once the kid is gone:mad:

Hehe tonight is beer and cigar night. I am taking a porter and some Moose Drool I have made:D

The man is a bullet for pete's sake, what do you expect?

It is one of my other passions! That and cars. I do love old hotrod cars also!

The avitar does get people talking about guns from time to time though. Maybe I should change it to a 32 ford roadster?

Careful now Mr. Bullet we don't want anybody breaking a hip.

Easy now.... I'm not quite that old yet!

My wife and I were talking today about when the kid leaves the house how we will have time to go out and party and such. I looked at her and hon it takes me 3 days to recover from going out once a week to beer and cigar night. I really do not see us going out any more once the kid is gone:mad:

Hehe tonight is beer and cigar night. I am taking a porter and some Moose Drool I have made:D

Tonight is either wine and movie night or movie and lime-a-rita night. I haven't decided what I'll be drinking yet. ;) Last night was my homebrew club meeting, so tonight is with the wife.

And don't get me wrong, I like my guns as much as anyone else. There's just so many gun threads on this forum already.

Our profiles used to give ages, but apparently that's gone now. FWIW, I'm 34, but with 2 young kids, my partying is on par with my 82 year old neighbor! My excitement for today was taking my daughter to the Liberty Science Center. Next up is Medieval Times. Now THAT I am excited for!

You guys should all feel lucky. You have access to a certain unique brand of dementia that general population isnt privy to.

I am 50 and semi retired I guess. Not by choice but health issues keep me from doing to much. My wife and I are going to open a LHBS in the next town over in a few months so she can get me out of her hair I think. And you know I think I will like selling brew stuff and brewing all the time. Play some good old rock and roll and drink beer all day. What a life :)

Speaking of which... what did you charge the guy with who threw lederhosen at your squad car? Possession of a costume? Assault with an ineffectual weapon? Littering? Third degree *****ebaggery? I gotta know...

Actually, when you think about it... who can blame him. Not too much you guys could have done to him that wouldnt make it worth the story "I threw lederhosen at a cop car". Hell, I kind of want to do it right now...

How the hell is anyone supposed to get any sleep around here with all this mumbling in the backgroud about guns, date night and lederhosen? :)

As any Noc will tell you. Sound machine and ear plugs will allow you to sleep. The only way to drown out the sound.

A couple beers, blackout shades and melatonin doesn't hurt either.

As any Noc will tell you. Sound machine and ear plugs will allow you to sleep. The only way to drown out the sound.

There have been times where I've put in the earphones and rocked myself to sleep via one of my Pandora stations. Or stream some tunes from my NAS. :D

Our profiles used to give ages, but apparently that's gone now. FWIW, I'm 34, but with 2 young kids, my partying is on par with my 82 year old neighbor! My excitement for today was taking my daughter to the Liberty Science Center. Next up is Medieval Times. Now THAT I am excited for!

Well I'm 47 and being a single parent of a 7 year old and my excitement is pretty much limited to the zoo, Oregon museum of science and industry, a Disney movie now and again, shopping for little girl stuff, visiting family and the occasional bonus of something like the king tut exhibit.
Wouldn't trade it for anything, but by the time she's out of college I'll be at least 62!
I suppose that means all my wild times are officially over.

Other than the sound machine, this is pretty much my routine. For me, light is the killer. I need to sleep in pitch darkness. I even throw a shirt over my alarm clock.

What is up with that. I was a single parent with sole custody for years before I met and married my wife last Oct. I would not have had it any other way but my X wanted nothing to do with her.

I feel extremely lucky to have found a good person to share my life with now. Never would have thought it

Other than the sound machine, this is pretty much my routine. For me, light is the killer. I need to sleep in pitch darkness. I even throw a shirt over my alarm clock.

I can deal with some light. Birds chirping is what really kills it for me.

One of my all time favorite songs that really reminds me of summers growing up

Last edited by a moderator:
This video gives me goose bumps. I have not been on a sled now for a couple of years. Just hurts to much getting to the powder bowls. That and when I smacked a tree racing a guy doing just under a 100 mph my now wife kind of said enough.

The guy on the sled is graceful and has been riding for years and years to make it look that easy

Ahh, the music is going I see. Summer breeze, makes me feel fine... How about some pugs getting ready for a parade? The parade was for a pet adoption/fundraiser event. They are listening to their instructions.

coatgallerypic396b.jpg

Yeah baby! I'm about to pour another right now. I bought my first 12 pack today. Until now I was grabbing the tall boys from time to time. I'm a little bummed by the 8oz cans, but they will have to do!

OK beer and cigar night. Since I am going to get ruined I thought I better post a pertinent song

Uggh. Not BMC bashing just no thanks. I like the label though "Contains Alcahol." That way after you've had a few and someone asks "Does this even have alcahol in in?" You can just point to the label and shrug your shoulders. :p

Airborneguy said:
Yeah baby! I'm about to pour another right now. I bought my first 12 pack today. Until now I was grabbing the tall boys from time to time. I'm a little bummed by the 8oz cans, but they will have to do!

I haven't been able to find the tall cans anywhere and just figured this is how they came. This size is perfect for my wife, she will probably max out at 1. She's a super lightweight needless to say.

Logged on, boots unzipped, leaning back and listening to some music in the office. Gonna be a slow night, I think I'll order a nice meal.
(This is how I ensure a busy night that goes by fast)

Back