I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing, and not sure if you realize this, but the flavor that most people associate as the definitive flavor of rye bread actually comes from the Caraway seeds that are added. If you don't add them, it actually tastes quite similar to wheat bread..
I did not know that. It might be worth trying some rye without the caraway.

A couple of friends of mine invited me to canvas and cocktails tonight. I painted my first painting. It's awful as a painting, but not to bad for a first try.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Im going to share one more Johnny Cash song, after, I'll try to stop beating a dead ol horse, its a previously unreleased song. I hope you all enjoy

[ame]http://youtu.be/WBlRx7DlL_E[/ame]

Gilsrob you are right. Im a hop junkie. My flame out hops are Mosaic El Dorado Citra Simcoe and may Meridian but Ive never used them before. I'll open the bag and see how they smell at flame out.

I also have grains drying and a 2row Rye (from grain closet) No Caraway No Knead Bread proofing.

1394347319840.jpg

1394347334386.jpg

They smell nice, I added them too. I'm going to do 2 SMaSH brews (1 gallon each) with Meridian and one with El Derado. Those two and Mosaic are new to me

Post your results if you don't mind.....I'm about to venture into the all grain world and figured some SMaSH beers would be a good way to get everything started.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pretty hoppy right now. :D

I'm probably 25-30 years to old for this.. haha

Sharing a tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate when my posts run one after another. But they do sometimes

Any Sherlock Holmes fans out there? I think I've pretty much read all his stories at least twice, but I don't remember them them enough to quote each one. The author, Sir Conan Doyle, was a doctor if I remember correctly. I have all the SH books, well I use to have them all.

Roberty Downing made some SH movies. Gave a little twist on the charactors SH and Dr John Watson. There have been many variations on the original stories. My favorite Sherlock Holmes is, Jeremy Brett. Loved that show. I believe Jeremy Brett died of heart failure and after that his shows are hard to find.

Just a tribute to Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. Two make believe figures who Conan Doyle used to change the world.

Wish I had a vid to put up.. I don't, juist going to go back watching a SH story.

I've read a few. I remember the Hound of the Baskervilles since I read that twice.

If anyone wants to read a similar book, I highly suggest The Alienist by Caleb Carr. I thought it read very much like Doyle, but by a modern writer (although written in the period of the early 1900's).

While it's been a long time since I read a Sherlock Homes book I figured I could chime in with my new rescue, wait for it, Sherlock, a basset/shar-pei mix, surely named for the hound part.
He seems to suffer from a little bit of Napoleon complex as he liked to be on top of the obstacle at the dog park today.

IMG_2246.jpg

While it's been a long time since I read a Sherlock Homes book I figured I could chime in with my new rescue, wait for it, Sherlock, a basset/shar-pei mix, surely named for the hound part.
He seems to suffer from a little bit of Napoleon complex as he liked to be on top of the obstacle at the dog park today.

There was a dog named Sherlock in the movie Hours. Not a great movie, but a recent release that maybe you saw.

That's a real nice looking dog ChefRex. Liking the hound dog ears and wonder in his eyes. Sherlock is a perfect name.

Years ago one of my friends had a shar-pei. He called it Fudo Myo-o. I miss that dog. I just looked up that name and if I was Japanese I think I might be offended. Great dog though.

Adorable dog, Chef.

My dog is a thorn in my side. He's pretty, but a constant tester of boundaries. I often wonder why we chose each other. He's only 3 1/2, so time may tell.

Bean the Dog has actually proven my man-friend's kindness. Most anybody would run off immediately after meeting my dog, but for some reason this guy keeps coming back!

This time at night starts an hour earlier here nowadays.

This just came up on the shuffle. I used to love playing this back in the band days.

Base coat going on the derby cars tonight. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
My roommate brought home a pup today. Poor guy had a messed up femur and they removed the ball socket as a repair. Beautiful pit/something mutt mix. It is amazing that removing the connection actually can heal back to 100% usage.

Great song lschiavo

have a pit in my house as does my son. Most awesome dog. Funny how some people will give her 10 feet, afraid of the dog. If they ask she is a stafordshire terrier. She is very friendly, loving but know she will be there if trouble arises. Feel the stories in the new shed a bad light on this breed.

AHHH ZZ Top, Tube Steak Boogie and Pearl Necklace...memories.......

My roommate brought home a pup today. Poor guy had a messed up femur and they removed the ball socket as a repair. Beautiful pit/something mutt mix. It is amazing that removing the connection actually can heal back to 100% usage.

Great song lschiavo

That puppy will help more than anything else. I love dogs. For sure, man's best friend.

I don't have a PB, but have met a few owners at the local dog park. Their common opinion comes down to is how the animal is treated. Most of the people I know, who have them, love them and take good care of them. Those dogs are not vicious. Any man, dog, or elephant can be a killer. Is this a nature versus nurture question? :mug:

I think all you have to do is vote for Lydia. To get a trike. For a disabled kid.

I can't believe there is a raffle for that kind of thing. Don't all disabled kids just "get" the bikes they need? WTH.

Nice push PP.

I'm not getting the T-shirt but donated some dinero. Hope she gets that trike.

Back