I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great plan! "So uhh Sonny, I wanted to try something new with our cider so I put capers and peanut butter in it. But it actually tastes pretty cool."

Bomber, if I thought for a second that you wouldnt have tasted the okra mead on camera with me if you lived nearby, I might take exception to that.

I never thought cider as a girls drink. You guys gotta le me know when you get operation going so I can come up and try some.

I do not swear very often but today I will make the exception. My wife and I just got back from the USCIS office for yet another biometrics deal with the K2 visa. To date this has cost over 16 grand and taken over 2 years to just get her here legally and get married. They told us that she can still be deported.

!@#$ government.

CreamyGoodness said:
Bomber, if I thought for a second that you wouldnt have tasted the okra mead on camera with me if you lived nearby, I might take exception to that.

I would have definitely tried it. I'll try just about everything. But not these.

image-2279004033.jpg

One of my partners brought some in one time. Not happening, no way, no how. I've eaten some pretty nasty things. Insects, monkey brains, whole snakes, etc, etc. no way I'm trying it. He says the worst part is feeling the bill. ::barf::

Not the middle of the night but this is where my venting buddies are... Trying my first AG today!!! So far, I caught the stove on fire and my efforts stymied. Hubby is pissed, now he is the one out in the shed. Turned the AC way up, opened doors and windows, very smoky in here. I hope I didn't ruin the stove. Was trying BIAB. Didn't even get the grain added before the fire started. The weight of the big pot somehow pushed the electric burner into the old stove, stuff was down there and fire!!!! Hubby helped me get the fire out, suddenly he was able to get up and move around just fine, go figure...

Not sure how much propane I've got, about to go check, but gonna try to move production outside. Maybe I should have glued some armpit hair to my face before getting started. :mad:

Maybe I should have glued some armpit hair to my face before getting started.

This was Billy-Klubb's joke, not something I thought of nor do I have the hair to do!!! :D

I think a lot of the rebel flag waves see it more like a Jolly Rogers than a Confederate flag, both sides of the Mason-Dixon.

Not the middle of the night but this is where my venting buddies are... Trying my first AG today!!! So far, I caught the stove on fire and my efforts stymied. Hubby is pissed, now he is the one out in the shed. Turned the AC way up, opened doors and windows, very smoky in here. I hope I didn't ruin the stove. Was trying BIAB. Didn't even get the grain added before the fire started. The weight of the big pot somehow pushed the electric burner into the old stove, stuff was down there and fire!!!! Hubby helped me get the fire , uouout, suddenly he was able to get up and move around just fine, go figure...

Not sure how much propane I've got, about to go check, but gonna try to move production outside. Maybe I should have glued some armpit hair to my face before getting started. :mad:

Damn Bobbi, you don't seem to be able to catch a break lately!

It's going great!! Plenty of propane, on the final boil now. 40 minutes from now I will be cooling the wort! Wasn't really any different than mini mashes I've already done, just more grain!

It's going great!! Plenty of propane, on the final boil now. 40 minutes from now I will be cooling the wort! Wasn't really any different than mini mashes I've already done, just more grain!

Now you see why so many of us quickly transition from partial mash to all grain. As long as your system is capable of mashing the amount of grain, just go for it.

Now you see why so many of us quickly transition from partial mash to all grain. As long as your system is capable of mashing the amount of grain, just go for it.

Yeah, from here on out it's the turkey fryer/propane set-up... no more trying to do it inside on the old stove. The big burner on the stove is probably ruined now, got crushed down into the stove under the weight of the larger pot. We needed a new stove anyway. Long day of brewing, so glad I didn't start drinking earlier or my first AG batch would never have been finished, not today anyway. And if I would have been drinking when the fire started... you know what would have been blamed. :mug:

Ah, I can relax now... nearly 7 hours later, maybe more, will have to go check my posts to see when I started... err. or when the fire started.

As you make more batches, you'll find ways to shave time off of the brew day. Most of us, for a normal ~60 minute mash, and 60 minute boil, run about 4-5 hours per batch (total time). Of course, longer mash or boil times will increase the overall time. :fro:

For me, all grain brew days may elapse over a 4 hour period, but actual time that I am present and accounted for are about 15-20 minutes. Drain strike water, stir in grain. Set sparge water on low heat and go away. Come back in an hour and drain, batch sparge, drain, set to boil low and go away. After it hits 212 and I get my hot break, increase heat and go away again. Come back and drop IC in, turn the water on and go away again. Drain kettle, pitch yeast, and then go away for 3 weeks this time. Come back when there is actual beer.

For me, all grain brew days may elapse over a 4 hour period, but actual time that I am present and accounted for are about 15-20 minutes. Drain strike water, stir in grain. Set sparge water on low heat and go away. Come back in an hour and drain, batch sparge, drain, set to boil low and go away. After it hits 212 and I get my hot break, increase heat and go away again. Come back and drop IC in, turn the water on and go away again. Drain kettle, pitch yeast, and then go away for 3 weeks this time. Come back when there is actual beer.

No hop additions?? :D

Thanks everyone, for your help and support. Or I would not have been brave enough to accomplish my mission today.

So should we just start the night time party early? Maybe tonight we can even put water in the hot tub.

In the mood for a certain type of music anyone?

Thanks everyone, for your help and support. Or I would not have been brave enough to accomplish my mission today.

So should we just start the night time party early? Maybe tonight we can even put water in the hot tub.

In the mood for a certain type of music anyone?

Heck yes victory music for Bobbi.

I am going to start my brew after my kid goes to bed. Wife does not like the smell:confused:

I actually printed this... one day I want to be just like you... :mug: Oh, and I got to the store, tried the Lime-a-Ritas. I can't drink anything with ABV that high, needed 2 glasses of water between each one to calm down the red splotches/hives. That's why I just like a semi-low ABV beer, calms me down, rarely makes me fall over or off my chair. :cross:

The one from the football games.... I am the champion!!! I am the champion... of the world! Made my first AG batch and no one died.

I will try to play it... hold on, gotta hit youtube and look around...

Golddiggie said:
No hop additions?? :D
No, I hate hops. Hops are an evil vine with roots in hell.
BobbiLynn said:
I don't think he counts that as time, since it only takes a sec once your boil is right.
Ok, actually this. I love hops.
BobbiLynn said:
I actually printed this... one day I want to be just like you... :mug: Oh, and I got to the store, tried the Lime-a-Ritas. I can't drink anything with ABV that high, needed 2 glasses of water between each one to calm down the red splotches/hives. That's why I just like a semi-low ABV beer, calms me down, rarely makes me fall over or off my chair. :cross:
Aww man! Yes, the LAR's are no joke. Actually any macro booze gives me that dehydrated buzz, for some reason. And many crafts. Homebrew never does. Psychological?
BobbiLynn said:
The one from the football games.... I am the champion!!! I am the champion... of the world! Made my first AG batch and no one died.

I will try to play it... hold on, gotta hit youtube and look around...
Victory! You've paid your dues, with the stove fire and all ;)

Dang I was looking in youtube and found this deal for my chain saw. The felling bit does not interest me but using the laser to buck is just a great idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang I was looking in youtube and found this deal for my chain saw. The felling bit does not interest me but using the laser to buck is just a great idea

I see I am not the only one looking around on youtube, that place is crazy! BB in a bit... still looking....

BB, for me it's not psychological at all, it's an actual physical reaction to it that I have. Yeah, feeling dehydrated, just want to go drink some water. Homebrew on the other hand is what you want it to be. Keep making the one that makes you feel nice. Just a gentle niceness, nothing intense. :)

Now am I the one taking over the conversation.... again? Ahh, you all do it sometimes too... :tank:

Back