I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope that a few more people make it past 9:00 Pacific time tonight.

I only get to peek at this until after the kid's in bed and I get my evening work started at least.

I just hope that a few more people make it past 9:00 Pacific time tonight.

I only get to peek at this until after the kid's in bed and I get my evening work started at least.

I just started my strike water. Hoping to mash about 9 or 930 my time so I will be here:mug:

And I just started the mash. 45 minutes and I will start the boil. Man I hope it does not get to cold tonight. When it is really cold I sure boil off a lot :mad:

For me, all grain brew days may elapse over a 4 hour period, but actual time that I am present and accounted for are about 15-20 minutes. Drain strike water, stir in grain. Set sparge water on low heat and go away. Come back in an hour and drain, batch sparge, drain, set to boil low and go away. After it hits 212 and I get my hot break, increase heat and go away again. Come back and drop IC in, turn the water on and go away again. Drain kettle, pitch yeast, and then go away for 3 weeks this time. Come back when there is actual beer.

Takes me a fair bit longer, but most of my time is spent setting up, putting away, cleaning, and sanitizing things, all of which you failed to mention. :D

Once my permanent 50A basement electric brewery (and adjacent commercial sink) is finally set up though, things should fly. I'm hoping for ~3 hours start to finish.

Ok, actually this. I love hops.

Of course you do, look at where you live! Kinda wish I could live there. :eek:

I just started my strike water. Hoping to mash about 9 or 930 my time so I will be here:mug:
Ha! I've done that too many times. Finishing at 3 or even 5 o'clock sucks. I often was too tired and just left my cooler mash tun cleaning for another day, which would end up being 2 to 4 weeks. I really don't recommend that... I still have nightmares about opening month-old mash tuns. :eek:

Ha! I've done that too many times. Finishing at 3 or even 5 o'clock sucks. I often was too tired and just left my cooler mash tun cleaning for another day, which would end up being 2 to 4 weeks. I really don't recommend that... I still have nightmares about opening month-old mash tuns. :eek:

A guy only has to do that one time to know they never want to deal with that again!
You aren't the only one guilty of it.

Man going to be a long night I think. Got started late and had dough balls from hell

Hehe yup thats right I said balls:D

Well it started out beirmunchers 3c kind of but then I did not check my hops so going with a hopped up version this time. Thinking I will end up about 25 or 30 ibu when I am done

I sure like that beer after I tweaked it to my taste

I need to try and re create a rye, coffee, overly hop bittered beer I made last spring.
It was way too bitter, but after I let it sit for a couple, maybe three months extra, it mellowed and was awesome.
The problem was I made it from whatever I had on hand and I through out the notes when it didn't come out like I expected.
Everyone loved the last gallon.

The first four gallons got drank while I was checking it to see if it was better yet.

Jumping in. Don't know where the thread is going cause I haven't read it lately.

You ever been totally effed up by somebody?

Wrong me. That's what I'm talking about. I shouldn't have brought it up. Bobbylynn is the only one that knows. She aint going to say diddly. I would probably. Not on a public forum though.

Wrong me. That's what I'm talking about. I shouldn't have brought it up. Bobbylynn is the only one that knows. She aint going to say diddly. I would probably. Not on a public forum though.

A sign of an intelligent man.
There are things that don't go on the internet.
It's available for the world, and after you hit send you have to assume it's out there forever.
I had a couple things in mind, one based on your problems, the other based on what I've gathered about BobbiLynn.
I'll keep them to myself based on your comment.

Well the gal has a lot on her plate from what I gather. I hope she knows we are here for her:)

Dang new pot took forever for me to get boiling right. I tried to take a photo of the steam but you cannot see the pot and the light is kind of a dull glow in the steam

Oh well it will be beer

Well the gal has a lot on her plate from what I gather. I hope she knows we are here for her:)

Dang new pot took forever for me to get boiling right. I tried to take a photo of the steam but you cannot see the pot and the light is kind of a dull glow in the steam

Oh well it will be beer

I kind of gathered that she does look at this site as a venting / therapy opportunity.

As for your project, yes, it will be beer so it will be good!

Hell, I just wish I could sit and help drink it with you and about a half dozen folks on here!
A good time would be had by all, and after several beers we would be able to solve some of the worlds problems.

Heck yes we could solve some problems for sure and I would enjoy that.

You know you are not that far from me and in the summer I tend to cruise around in my camper. Ok it is a drive but dang that is why I bought the camper

I just checked the boil and this song came up on my MP3. For some reason I love it

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yes we could solve some problems for sure and I would enjoy that.

You know you are not that far from me and in the summer I tend to cruise around in my camper. Ok it is a drive but dang that is why I bought the camper

I just checked the boil and this song came up on my MP3. For some reason I love it

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw

Wow. Not my type of music but a very busy composition.
That can make music interesting, and lets you notice different things when you hear it again.

If you decide to head out anywhere near the coast, we have to hook up! Homebrew and if we ended up near a city maybe a brewpub or two.

I want to get back to north Idaho this summer if I can.
I miss living there and I would like to take my daughter to silverwood.

For sheesh I think about a year I drove weekly up to Cheney WA and crossed through North Idaho about every week. I love that area. Sigh I am trying to think of the passes there and all I can come up with is 4th of July and Lolo.

I can go there again if just to take my wife and show her the old mines and such.

Shoot I got to go and dump a hop. And put my fermenter back together again. I read on the forum you should take the valve out and clean it. Never did it for a year but nooo I had to go and tear it apart this time:confused:

For sheesh I think about a year I drove weekly up to Cheney WA and crossed through North Idaho about every week. I love that area. Sigh I am trying to think of the passes there and all I can come up with is 4th of July and Lolo.

I can go there again if just to take my wife and show her the old mines and such.

Shoot I got to go and dump a hop. And put my fermenter back together again. I read on the forum you should take the valve out and clean it. Never did it for a year but nooo I had to go and tear it apart this time:confused:

Whitebird pass. That's an interesting one when there's some ice on the road.

I did a highway project in Cambridge, and another one in Riggins so I went up and down that highway twice a week for something like three years.
I was making the drive back ....... maybe around 2000 when it seemed like all of Idaho and western Montana was burning.
Twice I went over Whitebird while the smoke was so thick you couldn't hardly see the front of the truck.

Illinois originally. Then, all over the world (military). My first wife was from Cottesloe Australia.

Navy. I met my ex on a port visit to Perth around, hmmm.. 1984, we married 4 years later at a church in Cottesloe (spelled wrong probably). Was good for 12 years but she was forever homesick. The marriage didn't work out.

Back