I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my beer did win a medal at Nationals, so I guess I can keep my AHA membership....;)

funny...i don't see any beer winning a medal brewed by a single person from TN. Did you actually win 1/5th of a silver?

It was for a barrel aged beer (55 gallons to make it.) Kind of a *****ey first post.

yeah...it kind of was a ******-ish first post.

as you can guess, I'm from the other forum. I've listened to the session for a long time now....and when i heard them talking about the video, I thought to myself...."why are they doing this?" but parts of what they were saying were kind of funny. If you listen to the session a lot, you see that they constantly rip on each other and its all for the sake of a good laugh. I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings. My guess is that as soon as they record the next session, they will bring this up again to solve anyone's hurt feelings.

brew on brothas:mug:

It's all right booboo, 1/5th of a silver - good thing to share with some kick ass TN homebrewer friends, so I don't mind ;)

Sorry I didn't win as many as you ;)

It's all right booboo
Kevin smith and Jason Mews are dah man!
shannon_elizabeth_12.jpg

I'd have been stealing monkeys since I was seven and ****.

And so now I have to ask: Amherst NY, Amherst MA, Amherst Other...?

That was fantastic, thanks to everyone who contributed. I don't have a video camera so it was a none option for me.
Very well done and toast to all of you.

I did the Oscar Blues Brewery tour on Saturday and while I was chatting with our tour guide the video came up. The guide was interested in seeing it since Oscar Blues had some people in the original 'Crafbrewer' video. I e-mailed a link and I'll let you know if I get any responses or approval.:mug:

By the way, the tour was great and is highly recommended. It's free, and the bar there is pretty cool. Our tour guide even sneaked us a few freebies (not to be named in case said guide might get in trouble for them;))

Over 8000 views!

IAAHBStats.JPG

The first (zeppelin) link is Brasillian. A member of my local club was recently in Brasil when the IAACB video came out. He immediately sent this one to them.

olllo you are on every forum I see!
I personally thought the video was great,and love reading the mixed reviews.Good job to all that participated.And I think I speak for all hardcore beer geeks by saying I AM "deeply serious" about beer!Thats why we brew it.It is fun,but you can also make great beers that you cant buy.So to hell with all the video hating,yellow fizzy beer drinking non brewers out there!You don't always get paid to be revolutionary:tank:

"I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so thirsty people can drink, I'll be there. Wherever there's a blogger beatin' up a home brewer, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're drunk - I'll be in the way brewers laugh when they're thirsty an' they know the beer's ready. An' when the people are brewin' the beer they made, and tappin' the kegerators they build - I'll be there, too."

These are the very people with which we need to have a running dialog.

I thought his review was on par with someone who tells what he sees. Nothing overly scathing, and I could see his point if I weren't a frequenter of this site and know a bit out it's inhabitants. That could be one reason that people from here tend to see the video in a different light than those who are not from here.

As far as being serious, why not be serious? My batches cost me money and take up considerable amounts of my spare time. Even though the cost is not much, the time spent is. Of COURSE I want to make great beer and improve every time I brew! I have fun doing it too, but that doesn't mean it isn't work and worthwhile as well.

And I think the seriousness is part of the satire of the video, and part of what makes it work as an homage. If we were silly, then it would be more like making fun of the original.

Too great for words!

I thought I was stupid for getting teary-eyed at the end. Then read the other comments from other guys doing the same.

It's great to see the coverage all over the 'net.

Good job guys.

And I think the seriousness is part of the satire of the video, and part of what makes it work as an homage. If we were silly, then it would be more like making fun of the original.

This is what I think people are missing. None of us are super serious about our hobby and of course we aren't taking huge risks. Who cares? It was a fun tribute and something fun to do that promote homebrewing.

I agree with some of the reviews, but they are not in on the joke so they are thinking "wow, these guys are a little too serious." That's fine.

"I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so thirsty people can drink, I'll be there. Wherever there's a blogger beatin' up a home brewer, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're drunk - I'll be in the way brewers laugh when they're thirsty an' they know the beer's ready. An' when the people are brewin' the beer they made, and tappin' the kegerators they build - I'll be there, too."

I love this olllllo! I would love to put it on the back of a T-shirt or something...:D

I noticed the quote-marks around it. Is this yours or are you qouting something I'm not familiar with?

-Tripod

I love this olllllo! I would love to put it on the back of a T-shirt or something...:D

I noticed the quote-marks around it. Is this yours or are you qouting something I'm not familiar with?

-Tripod

Think "Grapes of Wrath" with a homebrewer slant on it.

Back