Hey! I am a craft brewer too!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing... in the bumper you may want to add something like:

"Inspired by, and in tribute to, the "I am a Craft Brewer" video shown at the 2009 Craft Brewers Conference. This is dedicated to all of the men and women who comprise the American Craft Brewing Movement and to the countless others who comprise the Home Brewing Movement."

I think listing who's in it elsewhere is fine; otherwise the credits will be too long. I think a shot about HBT and spelling out RDWHAHB (you don't need the acronym I think) would be enough, and maybe 'inspired by I Am A Craft Brewer.'

Do we have a static URL? Maybe on the HBT wiki, or could we have a hbt.com url? I can give us a page on one of my sites but it'd have to be danconley.net or something. If we say 'Conceptualized and filmed by members of Homebrewtalk.com, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/iamahomebrewer' we could list who did what there (I should in no way get the same billing as the people who wrote and especially edited it).

Oh man, that's coming along great. Glad I made it in. Thanks for all the hard work James :mug:

That's great! Itching to pass it around, but I promise I'll wait until you say it's okay. :)

Very, very cool! Well done.

I would love to host it but I don't know how to host videos that you can stream via the web like that. Is there open source software I could install that does it?

Two things quick-
1st, a reminder not to distribute it... it's not in it's final form yet.
2nd, I made sure everyone who got me footage is in there at least once (most at least twice). I had multiples of a lot of lines, so I went off of delivery and giving people fair time.

I finally got my last lines done. I hope it's not too late. I'm loading the video software now to pull from camera. I forgot my software was not re-installed when I redid the computer a couple of months ago. Crazy life!

Well, I finally got to upload my videos. I know I'm way late on this. If it's not needed now I understand. I tried to upload last night but realized I forgot to install the software after redoing my computer. Then I installed and found out that my new machine does not have Firewire. I thought it did. So I finally captured it this morning at work.

Again, I know it's late, but maybe it will be useful anyway.

I finally got my last lines done. I hope it's not too late. I'm loading the video software now to pull from camera. I forgot my software was not re-installed when I redid the computer a couple of months ago. Crazy life!

I would assume its a little late figuring he already has the rough cut done? I'm pretty sure the deadline was like 3 weeks ago?

I would assume its a little late figuring he already has the rough cut done? I'm pretty sure the deadline was like 3 weeks ago?

Yeah, I know. I just thought that if the clips were better quality, or whatever. I have a hard time remembering things at the right time. I put if off once or twice, planning on doing it while brewing, but then I got caught up in brewing and forgot.

No biggie, just throwing it out there. I need to watch the full rough cut. I saw a little bit and it was looking good.

I think its funny how a few people didn't have the motivation or time to get their lines in on time and once they see it put together they want to send you their video. I wouldn't want to see anyone that was in the rough cut be taken out due to someone who waited till the last minute to finally submit their video!

I just watched it and it was great. No need for my lines. I DID have fun filming it with my daughter as the "cameraman" so what the heck. I think the two of us need to do some more camera stuff. Maybe she can work the camera during a brewcast someday. She loves to help!

Not a worry. I just wanted to help and feel bad about having it done on time. No real good reason other than I have a poor memory. It's looking pretty good as it is. I'd kind of like to see the full uploads before the edit though. I know for me I had a blooper or two.

Not a worry. I just wanted to help and feel bad about having it done on time. No real good reason other than I have a poor memory. It's looking pretty good as it is. I'd kind of like to see the full uploads before the edit though. I know for me I had a blooper or two.

The lines I'll likely be replacing are ones I did as "temp" ones- no brewing stuff, just real quick as a placeholder.

And yes, there were some great bloopers. If I had time, I think I could have put together an entire short film with people saying regretable things :)

Oh the power I wield.

Update- I have made a couple changes, and have now locked the picture, and won't be able to make any more changes. I'm sending this to the son of someone on this forum to mix the audio, and I'll be doing some heavy color work. I'm hoping to have everything ready to go for a Monday release. Sound good?

PS- I'm deleting the version that's online currently. You'll just have to wait.
PPS- I had to make some editorial decisions- some last minute submitters won't be appearing. Sorry!

Update- I have made a couple changes, and have now locked the picture, and won't be able to make any more changes. I'm sending this to the son of someone on this forum to mix the audio, and I'll be doing some heavy color work. I'm hoping to have everything ready to go for a Monday release. Sound good?

PS- I'm deleting the version that's online currently. You'll just have to wait.
PPS- I had to make some editorial decisions- some last minute submitters won't be appearing. Sorry!

I value your time and effort.

I support your decision.

I've been out of town so I missed it. I can't wait to see it!! Sounds like everyone likes it so far so ROCK ON!! BTW, Thanks for all of the energy you are putting into this!

-Tripod

+1, and stated here and in PM, I can't thank you enough for taking the reigns for this.

I'm happy to see how well this turned out and that we had members willing to organize and follow-through when I had to back-out due to my father dying on 4/29..

I think this is going to be a big hit, and likely bring a lot of new members to HBT.

Dang it, I was out of the loop for a bit and I missed the rough cut. I guess I'll just wait until monday.

Thanks to all the guys that are doing the editing! I can't wait!

I think the audio guy bailed. I'll try to do a mix tonight and get it up. Sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back