I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the photo of olllllllo and Justin making up?

fd137ab8f9ec7f03.jpg

I ran into Justin at the Full Sail Smoke Out in Portland and Naked City in Seattle.

fd137ab8f9ec7f03.jpg

I ran into Justin at the Full Sail Smoke Out in Portland and Naked City in Seattle.

That be the one. After watching the video a couple times, I'm torn. I enjoyed it. But, personally, I'm nowhere as serious as was portrayed, but I'm sure that many are. Basically, whatever floats you boat. Don't care for the video, RDWHAHB. Love it? Have a f'ing homebrew and enjoy it. In the grand scheme, it's homebrew and a hobby. It's not worth getting pissy over.

/offtopic/ howscome olllllo's grill has five slots and not seven? Everybody knows its a seven slot grill ! :)

/offtopic/ howscome olllllo's grill has five slots and not seven? Everybody knows its a seven slot grill ! :)

Well 7 if you count the negative space, 6 if you count the bars.
Why does Mickey Mouse have 3 fingers and a thumb?
Why doesn't your handle containing a proper noun have capitalization?

I think 5 looks better than 7.

olllllo.com used to be owned by jeep, but they gave it up and now a jeeper has it.

I had problems with the video. It wasnt a spoof in the conventional sense. it was nearly word for word, simply replacing craft brewer with homebrewer. It did no justice to the cause of making our homebrew being taken as seriously as craft/professional brew because, in a sense, the video simply looks like a ripoff of the guys/gals in the industry that "know what they are doing" and getting paid to do it. In this industry I have found that many homebrewers are more creative with their hobby than our pro counterparts. We build our own equipment, employ interesting techniques, revitalize dying styles, create our own styles, etc. I just think that type of video could have been done creatively, from scratch, been more personal and seem less gimmicy.

I had problems with the video. It wasnt a spoof in the conventional sense. it was nearly word for word, simply replacing craft brewer with homebrewer. It did no justice to the cause of making our homebrew being taken as seriously as craft/professional brew because, in a sense, the video simply looks like a ripoff of the guys/gals in the industry that "know what they are doing" and getting paid to do it. In this industry I have found that many homebrewers are more creative with their hobby than our pro counterparts. We build our own equipment, employ interesting techniques, revitalize dying styles, create our own styles, etc. I just think that type of video could have been done creatively, from scratch, been more personal and seem less gimmicy.

Then start a new one! We will be on board with that! :)

Thanks for signing up to HBT to post this. All opinions welcome.

'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.'

It was just for fun, not to make some major statement.

Nice first post.

Now do something to impress us.

'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.'

It was just for fun, not to make some major statement.

Nice first post.

Now do something to impress us.

If you look, I signed up for this forum in 2006. Im not trying to offend anyone and im not putting anyone down for participating in it. I really like this forum and when I built my Brutus system the information I gathered here was second to none. Im just more of an observer than a poster but thought I would throw out my 2 cents (for what its worth) just like many other people have.

That is one hell of a first post.I bet there won't be a second.

If you look, I signed up for this forum in 2006. Im not trying to offend anyone and im not putting anyone down for participating in it. I really like this forum and when I built my Brutus system the information I gathered here was second to none. Im just more of an observer than a poster but thought I would throw out my 2 cents (for what its worth) just like many other people have.

You guys just got pwned. ;)

And I thank you for it! :mug:

You guys just got pwned. ;)

Hey, don't lump me in with Hank, I like the constructive criticism.

Can we really not take any criticism at all? The video wasn't perfect. I probably would have changed a lot if we did it again. But we did it and it was fun and I'm glad some people liked it and some people didn't because it shows people aren't just sycophantic zombies.

If the video got more people involved in the site then we've accomplished something.

People like psyphinx need to get more involved here.

Just think if we would have had this feedback during the making of the video. ;)

yeah...it kind of was a ******-ish first post.

as you can guess, I'm from the other forum. I've listened to the session for a long time now....and when i heard them talking about the video, I thought to myself...."why are they doing this?" but parts of what they were saying were kind of funny. If you listen to the session a lot, you see that they constantly rip on each other and its all for the sake of a good laugh. I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings. My guess is that as soon as they record the next session, they will bring this up again to solve anyone's hurt feelings.

brew on brothas:mug:

boobookittyfuk!

Hadn't talked about this video I honestly would never found it. I love both HBT and the BN, still do and always will :p Gonna' fire up the video in a few.

So I just watched the video. Good job people for putting effort into something they're proud of. I kinda feel like I should be getting ready for war or something after watching that :p What I don't get is why people would take someones (the BN crew's) opinion to heart when they're so proud of what they've made then they're confident they appreciate it and the people who they care about do as well and if someone doesn't like it well then that's just too bad. If you're really proud of it you don't need someone telling you it's awesome, since they're obviously lots of people who think it is. I'll continue to support both the BN and HBT as both are great communities of homebrewers and contribute to this great passion/hobby/obsession.

I would suggest a HBT-BN collaboration project as a follow-up - I think it would be fun and eliminate some of the perceived tension between the communities.

I would suggest a HBT-BN collaboration project as a follow-up - I think it would be fun and eliminate some of the perceived tension between the communities.

It's like east and west coast rappers :) .. except not cuz we don't shoot at eachother .. okay maybe not a good example.

I haven't listened to the Session in quite a while, but I did recently start listening to podcasts of Brew Strong and the Jamil Show. Much better shows IMO. Lots more brewing and lots less *****ing (*****eing?)

I still have to check out Can U Brew it? Sounds like a good format.

What I think would be funny would be for someone to make a parody of the Basic Brewing shows. You know, like NPR guys talking about fine art, except it's beer-centric.

They could talk about bouquet and affect an English accent and talk kind of slow and ultra-calmly. Hmm... I should talk a friend of mine into doing this...

I think it would be fun and eliminate some of the perceived tension between the communities.

The BN guys don't carry that kind of weight around.
There is no ill-will there.

I think that they are just playing up the risible effects that their comments made. The 08/08/20909 show made a mockery of the whole subject.

I actually thought it has been a pretty funny episode.

In regards the video itself, I thought it was pretty great!!

The BN guys don't carry that kind of weight around.
There is no ill-will there.

I think that they are just playing up the risible effects that their comments made. The 08/08/20909 show made a mockery of the whole subject.

I wish I had a time machine, so I could listen to that show!! Sounds awsum! :D

:mug:

Agreed on both points!

I think the BN guys are still using this whole thing, but in a fun way. Hey, give those guys fuel and they'll start a fire. They actually were fairly complimentary of HBT with some of their comments on this last show.

However, I don't really care if they like the video or not. I enjoyed it!

I find BN guys to be a$$holes. Plain and simple. Plus the show is too long (4 hours?), too boring, with too many 4-letter words, farting noises and belching into the mike. I couldn't listen to it even if I wanted to, just because I have kids running around. And what they did to this video was simply an act of jealousy, that's all. I guess they forgot who their target listeners and supporters are. For them to piss on the home-brewers is like for McDonald's to call their customers "stupid fat-asses".
Anyways, I was not involved in the "Home Brewer" video, but I will never listen to the BN crap again.

This video is to a Budweiser commercial as hombrew is to Budweiser.

Nevertheless, it was kind of long. And too bad there's no women.

This video is to a Budweiser commercial as hombrew is to Budweiser.

Nevertheless, it was kind of long. And too bad there's no women.

I'm still trying to decipher your riddle.. Bud and homebrewing fighting basically?

Wow an all out civil war between homebrewers, I love my hobbie, but its a hobbie. I loved the craft brewer video, they risk a lot in their profession, we don't I guess the honebrewing video came off as a little hokey. By the reaction of some guys on here you'd think they found the cure for cancer.
The BN is awesome, I have learned a lot from them. Yeah so what some shows aren't chock full of beer info, I love to get to know them as people. The are great guys with oppions, that's ok we don't live in commie China. HBT is cool too but a forum is kinda 2d, but when you get to hear the white brothers talk about yeast, or other outstanding craft brewers, now that is quality entertainment. To the BN haters, don't take yourselfs so seriously. It is after all just beer. Make no mistake, I love beer.

Can't we all just get along?

Brew strong.
Shad

Latest posts

Back