I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I'm kopyr. I'm writing from Poland. Homebrewers in Poland send greetings homebrewers in the States and the whole English speaking world. In July 2009 we saw your video "I am a homebrewer". We decided, to make our own one. Today it was realesed. Below you have version with English subtitles.

Jestem Piwowarem Domowym - I am a Homebrewer

Well done! :mug:

Great videos.....gave me goosebumps. The Polish one had some cute ladies in their version. Perhaps some of the lady brewers need to step up and make a video:D

Slainte

Z

Awesome! My wife liked it and commented on a few glasses and I enjoyed seeing all of the different pieces of equipment!

Cheers!

Prost!

(and whatever it is you Poles say!)

Hi guys I'm kopyr. I'm writing from Poland. Homebrewers in Poland send greetings homebrewers in the States and the whole English speaking world. In July 2009 we saw your video "I am a homebrewer". We decided, to make our own one. Today it was realesed. Below you have version with English subtitles.

Jestem Piwowarem Domowym - I am a Homebrewer

This is brilliant! :mug: I feel re-inspired...

Nice vid! How the hell did I miss this?!?
I use corn in some of my brews too...

Next vid, I volunteer to do some break dancing moves! :)

Now I am curious. What is Grodziskie?

This is light (about 8 Plato) smoked wheat beer, well hopped. It's origin comes from the town Grodzisk Wielkopolski in Poland. When Poland was occupied by Germany, the town was named Gratz, and the beer was named Graetzer.
Unfortunatly in the 90's when start the consolidation in polish brewing, it's production was canceled.
But in 2007 by some guys who act in our video was started homebrewing contest "Prawie jak Grodzisz" what means "Almost like Grodziskie". In the jury are old employees from the closed brewery in Grodzisk. Average age of the juror is 70 (!).

This is light (about 8 Plato) smoked wheat beer, well hopped. It's origin comes from the town Grodzisk Wielkopolski in Poland. When Poland was occupied by Germany, the town was named Gratz, and the beer was named Graetzer.
Unfortunatly in the 90's when start the consolidation in polish brewing, it's production was canceled.
But in 2007 by some guys who act in our video was started homebrewing contest "Prawie jak Grodzisz" what means "Almost like Grodziskie". In the jury are old employees from the closed brewery in Grodzisk. Average age of the juror is 70 (!).

:off:recipe? Maybe you could post a good recipe in the "Recipes" section. I'd like to make it. I'm a big smoke beer fan.

Perhaps one of the beers in the video was this Grodziskie?

:off:recipe? Maybe you could post a good recipe in the "Recipes" section. I'd like to make it. I'm a big smoke beer fan.

Perhaps one of the beers in the video was this Grodziskie?

Unfortunatelly not. :(

It is special glass for Grodziskie. Grodziskie was called polish champagne.
Here you have export label in English.

About recipe, the hardest thing is that Grodziskie was made of 100% smoked (oak) wheat malt. And in Europe there is no malting company, which produced this kind of malt. So many of us use wheat malt + smoked barley malt, but some of us smoke wheat malt on their own.
The recipe I used is:
smoked barley malt 1,5kg
wheat malt 1kg
aroma hops pellets 50g (it was Lubelski, similar to Saaz)
yeast like to koelsch, e.g. S-33

Mash:
5 litre water temp. 40C - add malts
30min in 37C
add 2l hot (boiling) water
20min in 50C
add 3l hot water and heat
30min in 70C

Boiling:
90min
30g hops at the bginning
20g hops after 20 minutes.

EDIT:And the most important it was bottle conditioned.

Unfortunatelly not. :(

It is special glass for Grodziskie. Grodziskie was called polish champagne.
Here you have export label in English.

About recipe, the hardest thing is that Grodziskie was made of 100% smoked (oak) wheat malt. And in Europe there is no malting company, which produced this kind of malt. So many of us use wheat malt + smoked barley malt, but some of us smoke wheat malt on their own.
The recipe I used is:
smoked barley malt 1,5kg
wheat malt 1kg
aroma hops pellets 50g (it was Lubelski, similar to Saaz)
yeast like to koelsch, e.g. S-33

Mash:
5 litre water temp. 40C - add malts
30min in 37C
add 2l hot (boiling) water
20min in 50C
add 3l hot water and heat
30min in 70C

Boiling:
90min
30g hops at the bginning
20g hops after 20 minutes.

EDIT:And the most important it was bottle conditioned.

I'm making it! Please, what was the final quantity for the recipe you posted?

Terrific video! Some good talking points in there too about how the internet is helping beer, especially. Well done Poland!

Yes, I was glad to hear that too.

I have learned SO much and all of it vicariously thru you all before actually becoming a brewer myself. It's great when most experienced forum members resist the urge to lambast a newbie for asking a dumb question (because that only serves to make us feel like we're not worthy to be part of the members only club). Sometimes we just don't know what to search for to get the answer to our questions and have to ask them.

The Wise Mr. Garrison said:
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

Can't wait to be one of you!

I got another response on the video- this time from Hanoi. It's a news piece done on their brew club-so not in the same vein, but still interesting to watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the best tribute to the "I am a Craft Brewer" video so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
That parody made me laugh sooo hard.

And I think is a very nice way of saying to all of us- let's try a new genre for future beer videos.

But Sour Patch Kids in beer... I could go for it :)

Back