Howdy from Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex3030

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Barrett.
Just started brewing beer. Got my first extract brew boiling right now.

I am currently waiting on edwort's apfelvien to finish (been going for about a month now).

Currently drinking: Apfelvien that was started a month ago (just couldn't hold out any longer).

Nice shootin', Tex.

I'm not sure how that makes sense at all, but it felt appropriate. Cheers on your first brew. I, too, have brewed just one batch, and looking forward to a second soon. And my gf was born and raised in Houston, so any Texan is a friend of this pure-bred Yankee.

:mug:

The shooting comment makes sense, got the 3030 in my name for some reason or another. Just glad I can now make 2/3 of the ATF.

I just opened the first bottle of the apfelwein that I did not get a bunch of sediment into (or maybe it was the extra two days of aging :), wow, that stuff is great!

I was expecting a much stronger taste, but it is kinda mellow. Now I just hope I can make at least a couple of bottles last for a while so that I can see how this stuff should taste after it has aged a couple of months.

Mckinney huh? I'm in the Colony, you shop at HBHQ?

Hey there. I do shop at HBHQ, but lately I've been buying some things from Winemakers Toystore too. They are on my way home from work and the prices area little cheaper.

A couple of us on here in the McKinney/Frisco area have been talking about a brew day. You'll have to get it in on it. :mug:

It's a good thing I found some fellow Texans on this board. I was beginning to think everybody who homebrews is from Kansas.

Howdy Barrett! Looks like we're neighbors. Have you checked out Home Brew Party on the NE side yet? I was mighty impressed with their setup.

Back