Howdy from Houston, Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhotoKirk

Reaction score
Howdy!

I've got two batches of mead going right now. I finally made the leap into making my own hooch instead of buying it.

My buddy TexLaw has been making killer beer for years and has been a big help with questions about yeast, sanitizing, etc.

Welcome,

I'm pretty new here too. what part of town are you in? I live in Humble and work in the Galleria. I've been wondering if folks on here from the same area ever get together to discuss (or drink) beer or do group brewing sessions.

David.

Howdy Gents!! I just joined a couple of days ago. I haven't brewed anything yet, but my brother-in-law and I are wanting to get started. He's got a buddy out near the Woodlands we are trying to hook up with to show us the ropes. We live in Baytown and would sure enjoy a good brew and conversation.

Vince

Howdy Gents!! I just joined a couple of days ago. I haven't brewed anything yet, but my brother-in-law and I are wanting to get started. He's got a buddy out near the Woodlands we are trying to hook up with to show us the ropes. We live in Baytown and would sure enjoy a good brew and conversation.

Vince

Hey Vince. I'm in a similar situation. Haven't made the plunge on my own yet. I did go in with a buddy in West Houston who's been brewing for a few years. We split the cost on a batch last month and brewed and bottled at his house. It's just now reaching the drinkable stage and it's darn good, so I may start thinking about doing some more soon. I also found out last week that I have a neighbor with a ton of equipment who hasn't brewed for a few years, so I'm going to start twisting his arm to start up again. Good equipment is so expennsive that it makes sense to me to do this with ohters, not to mention anything is more fun with friends than by yourself.

Let us know as you make plans. Us newbies in Houston need to keep in touch and maybe get together sometime.

Hello guys. I'm from the Houston area as well (near Cypress and Spring area). I just joined a few months ago, and I'm about to brew my second extract, which will be a pale ale. I think after this I'll make the plunge to all grain. I think the initial cost of all grain will be a little expensive (equipment), but the end cost will be cheaper...price per beer will be cheaper.

Howdy!

I've got two batches of mead going right now. I finally made the leap into making my own hooch instead of buying it.

My buddy TexLaw has been making killer beer for years and has been a big help with questions about yeast, sanitizing, etc.

Welcome, Texlaw a good dude!

Here in Friendswood... wishing you a happy new year with your newly found hobby!:mug:

Vince

http://shop.brewersguild.net/

I haven't made one of these yet, but every Saturday around noon, B&S shows how to brew. I am guessing that they start a batch, then move the last weeks batch to the secondaries, and two week ago batch to the kegs. they always have three taps going on their kegerator...save some for me!

Jeez, with all you new Texan brewers joining, makes me wish more than ever I was back in Texas. Happy brewing and I'll see you in about 3 years. :mug:

http://shop.brewersguild.net/

I haven't made one of these yet, but every Saturday around noon, B&S shows how to brew. I am guessing that they start a batch, then move the last weeks batch to the secondaries, and two week ago batch to the kegs. they always have three taps going on their kegerator...save some for me!

Awesome place, its where I buy all my supplies from. Always there to give ya a beer and advice.

Welcome and sorry for the delay! The Foam Rangers is a local homebrew club that meets at Defalco's, but I've never been to a meeting. I might get around to it some day, but as a lowly extract brewer, I haven't made the effort to visit.

Awesome place, its where I buy all my supplies from. Always there to give ya a beer and advice.

Yeah they are...I have realized since finding them. Full bags of grain are considerably cheaper than Defalco's. Only 10 miles from me, B&S gets most of my business (not that Defalco's is upset, I have thrown a LOT of money around over there). I think there is one more LHBS in town here, up north somewhere. I work up at 1960 and I-45, it might be my next HBS you never know (if the price is right).:D

Yeah they are...I have realized since finding them. Full bags of grain are considerably cheaper than Defalco's. Only 10 miles from me, B&S gets most of my business (not that Defalco's is upset, I have thrown a LOT of money around over there). I think there is one more LHBS in town here, up north somewhere. I work up at 1960 and I-45, it might be my next HBS you never know (if the price is right).:D

http://www.brew-it-yourself.com/ is in Spring. I need to make a trip there to buy a hydrometer.

Back