Howdy from Claremont, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hovik

Reaction score
Caught the bug a while ago, learning from a friend who recently moved away. Now I'm on my own but have done 2 successful extract batches, a Holiday Cider an Apfelwein, a Russian Kvass and just did my first All Grain batch - American Ale. Here to learn and hopefully meet other homebrewers in California's San Gabriel Valley.

Welcome and congratulations on your batches. I've been curious about trying (not brewing, just trying) a Kvass.

Hi Pappers, well I can say that whatever I made definitely didn't end up being anything close to Kvas. If you can find some Russian communities in the area you live, their ethnic stores sometimes sell Kvass in a 1-2 Liter plastic bottle. Otherwise if you ever venture into a former Soviet country as I did, they sell it out of tanker-trailers on the street and it's delicious. Hope you like it.

Greetings from upland neighbor

Hey Kosmokramer & ThatsMyBeer, I used to live in upland (11th and Mountain Ave). But then my red car got keyed, tires slashed and battery cables cut because apparently I was living in a "Blue" neighborhood. Fun times.

Back