How to mount the Ink-Bird temp controler in a wood collar, safely?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
What I'm worried about is the risk of fire if the control failed? I wanted to ask is, what the safest way to do this is? And if their is a better place or way to mount it?
Thanks Guys and Galls

What I'm worried about is the risk of fire if the control failed? I wanted to ask is, what the safest way to do this is? And if their is a better place or way to mount it?
Thanks Guys and Galls

If you don't want it in the collar, you could put it right above the thermostat and probably run the temp sensor out and up the back. I'm boxing my freezer in, so I put mine in the back. I just took my time with a dremel to make the cutout.

This keezer/fermentation chamber is going to do double duty, so I'd like the control to be easily accessed. but good thought badandy519

You can put it anywhere (that's what she said)... even in the collar. All I did was cut an old laptop cord up for mine.

I didn't wire the heat side, but it would be plenty easy to do. Put the controller in the front face or one of the side corners of the collar near the front, run the power lines out and up the back, back through and along the collar into wherever it's mounted and then back to the compressor.

I'm putting mine in a metal box mounted to the back side of the collar, sticking up enough to see the display. In doing that, I am only going to put one 1/2 inch hole through the collar to route wiring and temp sensor through. Inside the fermemter, I'm Im mounting one sureface mount 2 gang, that will give me two always on, and two heating outlets. I plan to use the always on for circulating fan and for stirplate power, and the heat ones for homemade fermwraps. I'll post a picture when I get it together.

Back