How long till i bottle??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramiz09

Reaction score
Newbie, sorry guys. So i have a double Imperial RED IPA. Spent a week in the primary, now is in the secondary and has been dry hopping for a week. I was thinking about bottling, but its still bubbling (very weak, i might add) about every 40-45 Seconds. should i bottle or hold off? Thanks guys! :mug:

Thank you, should i take the hops out since they have been dry hopping for a solid week? or no?

So let it dry hop in the secondary for 2 more weeks totaling 3 weeks in the secondary?

Next time, primary for three weeks. After the second week you can add your dry hops to the primary for 5 to 7 days. People are somewhat divided on the need for, or benefit from, racking to secondary. Generally, there is no need unless you are going to bulk age, racking onto fruit or oak, or something similar. Personally, I only dry hop for a week. I wouldn't leave the same hops for two or three weeks.

Thank you so much! ill keep that in mind for next time, well then should i just take the hops out that have been dry hopping?

Back