How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the kids and their guardians signed a contract acknowledging the risks/dangers within the factory. The other parties were just as guilty. They didn't listen to clear instructions that put their safety at risk.

You know who else signed children up for dangerous situations they weren't prepared for?

Every military in history.

Well the more important question is.....original with Gene Wilder, or the newer one with Johnny Depp

I will always go with the original. :rockin:

I'm a big fan of both, actually. I think Depp captured the true depth of the character's depravity on a level that Wilder either didn't want to or was directed not to.

Point being, Willy Wonka is one of the greatest madmen in all of literature.

Speaking of Primus, anybody seen them on this most recent tour? They do a whole Charlie and the Chocolate Factory set with creepy Oompa Loompas and everything. Pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen... well let's not get this moved to the Boneyard.

Speaking of Primus, anybody seen them on this most recent tour? They do a whole Charlie and the Chocolate Factory set with creepy Oompa Loompas and everything. Pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen... well let's not get this moved to the Boneyard.

I love Primus, but haven't seen the most recent tour in person.

I'm a big fan of both, actually. I think Depp captured the true depth of the character's depravity on a level that Wilder either didn't want to or was directed not to.

Point being, Willy Wonka is one of the greatest madmen in all of literature.

Ok, I'll have to give you that one. Depp does have that natural deep rooted psychopathic presence, and yes, Willy Wonka was Batsh!t Crazy for sure.
I think I remember reading somewhere where the producers/directors/whatever did say something to Wilder about toning down the crazy. Probably the mentality, so to speak, of the general population at the time; thinking it was a 'children's movie'. Which if you take some of those scenes out of context, you could really mess up a kids head with the bizarre acting and scenery.:eek:

I love Primus, but haven't seen the most recent tour in person.

Hopefully, they'll release a tour video at some point. Definitely one of the strangest spectacles I've seen (sober or otherwise). Sorry for the crap picture, best I could get.

20150415_213030.jpg

Hopefully, they'll release a tour video at some point. Definitely one of the strangest spectacles I've seen (sober or otherwise). Sorry for the crap picture, best I could get.

I've seen a video of one of the oompa loompa songs. Looked pretty crazy, but... that's Les Claypool for you.

There's a lot of things like that. For example you cook some ground beef and put it on a bun with some cheese. Delicious.

Or you take the ground beef and instead of cooking it you eat it and poop it out. Then you take that and put it on a bun with some cheese. Nasty.

Basically what I'm saying is kettle corn is almost exactly like human feces.

This!

Here is an important discussion item.

Everlasting Gobstoppers: Bite whole, suck some then bite, or suck until tart center, or suck until gone?

I find myself biting more than sucking. I'm impatient.

Also...I feel as though calling Gobstoppers "everlasting" is a lie.

Changing topic since your kettle corn laden agenda is floundering.

Both the kids and their guardians signed a contract acknowledging the risks/dangers within the factory. The other parties were just as guilty. They didn't listen to clear instructions that put their safety at risk.

Gross negligence cannot be wavered via contract. A basic US common law principal.

After seeing how much activity there's been in this thread, I now know how you humans have such high post counts.

+1 for me :)

After seeing how much activity there's been in this thread, I now know how you humans have such high post counts.

+1 for me :)

I do nothing but post helpful information in the technical threads. at no point do I ever under any circumstances jump in with some inane rambling only vaguely related to the topic at hand. right @Yooper?

and Yoops (hahahhaa!), if y'all still talk to Mr. Ferguson I'd like to talk to him some time. kinda hero thing, innit?

What about Coconut and Pineapple? I have to know!!!

Coconut is evil and should never be consumed. It's only below anise/licorice in list of flavours that bring on sadness & regret.

I'd rather chew on candies made from Satan's dingleberries than eat either coconut or licorice.

Coconut is evil and should never be consumed. It's only below anise/licorice in list of flavours that bring on sadness & regret.

I'd rather chew on candies made from Satan's dingleberries than eat either coconut or licorice.

I had some coconut popcorn last weekend that tasted just like coconut kettle corn. Apparently Costco sells it!!!! It was delicious!!

Okay, how about that time he lured a bunch of kids into his factory and almost killed all of them with his gross negligence?

What I;m getting at is that the man is unhinged.

If anyone knew what snozzberries really were, then they'd know this already.

Nice, haven't heard Tool in a while.

Licorice is awesome!

Good & Plenty's are da shnit..... licorice, candy coating....oh yeah.
Now, I like the red stuff, even though it's not licorice exactly, but still good. But that mushy filled 'licorice' with the different flavors? Yeah, almost worse than kettle <blurp> corn

And to further stir the pot: what do you think of rutabaga? I think it tastes like freezing to death in the winter.

rutabaga is a tool of the devil

Isn't rutabaga poisonous? Or is that Rhubarb?

I do nothing but post helpful information in the technical threads. at no point do I ever under any circumstances jump in with some inane rambling only vaguely related to the topic at hand. right @Yooper ?

and Yoops (hahahhaa!), if y'all still talk to Mr. Ferguson I'd like to talk to him some time. kinda hero thing, innit?

Me neither. You will only see content coming from me.

So, with no further ado, here is a video of a goat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do nothing but post helpful information in the technical threads. at no point do I ever under any circumstances jump in with some inane rambling only vaguely related to the topic at hand. right @Yooper?

Mr Ferguson? as in Mufasa/Michael?

Is that who you mean?

(come to think of it, is the only Ferguson I know I guess. :drunk::drunk:)

Anise is nasty and should be banned from all baked goods (I will admit a very small amount in cooking is ok).

If you like tropical climates you have no choice but to like coconut. :p
:mug:

Back