How does this sound?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellaontap

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I brewed my first Bohemian Pilsener.

Grain bill: 6 lbs Canadian 2 row
2.5 lbs Munich Malt
1 lb Carafoam

I used White Labs WLP800 with no starter, chilled the wort to 65F and placed in fermentation chamber (wine fridge). This mornig the temperature in the fridge was 46F. The OG was 1.051.

My plan is to leave the pail in the fridge for a week at 46F and then move it to a cool spot in the basement where the temp is 68F to finish fermentation. Then i will rack to a keg and lager at 40F for as long as possible in my kegerator.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan? i do not have the ability to raise and lower temps 2 degrees/day.

thanks

Eric

Not enough yeast. Otherwise it sounds . . . . . . sweet.
Go to mrmalty.com or one of the other yeast rate pitching calculators to calculate yeast pitching rates.

Not enough yeast. Otherwise it sounds . . . . . . sweet.
Go to mrmalty.com or one of the other yeast rate pitching calculators to calculate yeast pitching rates.

Thanks, by sweet i hope you mean it would be a good plan and not that I didnt post the hops added in the boil. (.75 ounce at 60 min, .5 ounce at 45 min, and .5 ounce at 20 min) I used Sterling hops.

I hope it ferments because I will not be able to get another vial of yeast for a week. Guess I should have made a starter:mad:

That's going to be much sweeter than a pilsner. Looks like it will be closer to a vienna lager. How many IBUs?

Back