How did you get hooked on brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like beer so I bought beer. Then I bought some more beer and some more beer. When I realized how much money I was spending on tasty beers I decided that something needed to change. Next I started researching how to brew my own beer so I could save some of my sweet sweet money!

Fast forward three months.

Now I have 5x as much beer and about 10x less money! I don't know where I went wrong. It's like some magical beer fairy is sneaking into my wallet and bank account.

Guy offered me a sample, I smoked it, instantly wanted more. I started making my own. Then I was so awake and had so much energy that I started an intensive hobby, homebrewing.

My girlfriend got me a Coopers starter kit for my birthday in March. She has unfortunately (or fortunately) created a monster.

It took me no time at all to "level up" from no-boil extract to extract to PM to all-grain BIAB.

Now all I need is a bigger kettle and either a burner or a house with wiring that isn't too ****ty to support a couple of heatsticks.

I was between jobs and my wife told me I needed a hobby and to make some friends so I did and the rest is history.
Did a couple kits, made a mash tun, bought a malt mill and jumped in without looking.

I could not have found a better more fulfilling hobby or group of people to associate with.

Wayne.

Back