How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I searched for something on homebrewing, it came here. I lurked for a long time now posting.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled onto a site that was offering a juice fermentor kit with the righteous claim that you add a packet to any juice container, attach this thing called an airlock (I was such a nOOb 3 weeks ago:D) and let it sit for a day or 2 and you have delicious alcohol.

Being the curious alcoholic that I am, I thought sounds interesting, but I'm not paying money for something I don't understand. A few Google keystrokes later and I was introduced to this fine establishment.

I am now sitting on 5 gallons of Edworts Apfelwein in my NYC apartment closet (and my clothes have had to find a new home!) Pitched 2 weeks ago and now I have to play the waiting game, but I am very excited to get going on my next batch!

Cheers,
The Doctor

PS. I am very happy I didn't get the juice to alcohol kit. Can you imagine the taste after only 2 days fermentation?

I was doing a search for a recipe for my first batch, caramel cream ale and this is where I found it. Glad I did, it's nice to see how many people are on this site and the insight I've gained so far by reading is great.

I found homebrewtalk initially via google search. I came back to it frequently and created an account based upon a friends recommendation and that friend was correct to do so. Great resource!

Hello all. My name is Jason. I am a new brewer. My friend Eric is a home brewer. He told me this is one of the best sites you can go to.
I just completed my 1st brew a few days ago and really want to go away from using kits to make my brew. If anyone has a good recipe for a new guy let me know. Thanks!!

Hi all, I just surfed on in one day and found this site an forums. Just started brewing a month ago and my first batch is conditioning in bottles right now. Can't wait to try it.

It is a wonderful hobby. I love working with my hands, making things, experimenting, planning the next brew.

Bottle Conditioning = Brown Ale
Fermenting = Irish Red Ale
What's next...hmmmmmmmm

Hello all. My name is Jason. I am a new brewer. My friend Eric is a home brewer. He told me this is one of the best sites you can go to.
I just completed my 1st brew a few days ago and really want to go away from using kits to make my brew. If anyone has a good recipe for a new guy let me know. Thanks!!

Frolfandbrew,

Welcome to a great site!

If you would like to try your hand at a hard cider brew (which are easier than most beer brews) you can't go wrong with either Edwort's Apfelwein:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/

Or Brando O's Graff (slightly more complicated):
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/graff-malty-slightly-hopped-cider-117117/#post1297724

Both are highly respect here!

Another brewing forum had a link to a thread here, and after a month or three of lurking i decided to register.

I stumbled upon HBF when searching how to sell home brew to a bar. Turns out it's illegal lol. Recently though I was reading a book that taught me how to make some wine out of some pretty basic ingredients in a fairly short amount of time. So I'm halfway through with it and I realize, I like beer a whole lot better. If this was fun, I want to brew my own beer. So now I'm here, and I must say it's pretty cozy.

I had a brewing issue so I looked on the information highway! Well...Google worked, glad I found you. Lot's of information on here, Thanks fellow brewers!

I learned of this site from my LHBS, Brew Mentor. I had purchased a basic setup and had some questions... ok a TON of questions, and they referred me here.

Found you on the googles... Was so impressed by the wealth of information on my first visit that I immediately ponied up the dough for a year of premium membership. This place kicks (beer) ass.

My brother is a brewer and uses this forum for a lot of information. I kinda forgot about it till last night when I needed to look up a recipe and the iPhone said you had an app.
:mug:

Google! I use it as my main method of searching and after the first three questions i had all came up with threads from here for answers, i decided to skip the middle man. Once i found the DIY area i knew it was love...

Googling alot of questions about home brewing and most responses came form this site. Shoud'nt have to look anywhere else for virtualy any question about brewing and anything else for that matter.

I've been lurking long enough...googling how-to questions and recipes led me to HBT. I'm 6 batches in, recently switched to all-grain (brew in a bag - Death Brewer's tutorial) and just purchased the parts for a DIY mash tun. Judging by the amount of time I spend on this site and the fun I'm having, I think I found a (SWMBO approved) lifelong hobby! :rockin:

Back