how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basically taking a young cheese but with a slightly thicker layer of paraffin wax and leave it in a cool, dry cellar for 4-5 years, turning it every month.

Ok, but I was wondering more about how the young cheese is made. Is it cows milk? Are there any special microbes or microbe blends? Is anything like annatto added? What kind of temperatures is the milk or are the curds held at? At what point is rennet added? Any special equipment or techniques used that's unique to brokkelkaas?

I did spot one of my wife's cheese making recipe books yesterday. I should see if there's anything about this variety.

@Jayjay1976

This reminded me when you posted here on a good tequila night

Screenshot_20230716-114438.png

Ok, but I was wondering more about how the young cheese is made. Is it cows milk? Are there any special microbes or microbe blends? Is anything like annatto added? What kind of temperatures is the milk or are the curds held at? At what point is rennet added? Any special equipment or techniques used that's unique to brokkelkaas?

I did spot one of my wife's cheese making recipe books yesterday. I should see if there's anything about this variety.
it's a similar process to gouda, so cow's milk and salted, rennet and culture added(the cultures are very much by farm and might be decades or centuries old), for the older farmer's cheeses nothing more is added, but young ones can have cumen, nettles or other "flavourings"

Back