Hosting a brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend and I did this last summer- 3 of us brewing on different systems with 3 other friends watching :)
Lots of sharing and learning!

That will be a fun time! Did you ask your guests to bring anything? I always asked to bring some craft beer to share.

It went great! No mishaps or missed steps. Both did not seem bored with any of my rantings. You know how it is if a noob asks a question, there is a lot to tell.
Today we brewed a 5 gal batch based on the Surly Sinic Saison that I have switched out a couple of grains down to Pilsner, sepecial B and golden naked oats. Later will get Ancho Chile peppers, that with the special b bring dark fruit raisin notes.

Good on your for hosting and teaching! I used to do that a lot in my first few years of brewing. I miss it! I think just about everyone I know has been around for a brew day or two, haha, so no one really wants to come by anymore. It always brings good brew ju-ju to teach others!

I do this with my brother-in-law and friends sometimes. Waiting for my buddy who makes mead to get back into it, and we can have a beer/cider/mead brew day.

Last edited:
Not my first time hosting. I taught my brother in law how to brew and Now he is about to open a brewery in Orlando!

Latest posts

Back