Hose clamps on air manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCPiet

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my kegging kit from kegconnection.com arrived today :)ban:), and after looking over all the components I'm a little worried that they forgot something in assembly.

Specifically, the gas lines coming off the air manifold don't have hose clamps, and can be pulled off with very little effort. I've attached a photo to the bottom of this post, and it's also up here if it doesn't show up below: http://twitpic.com/4dcywe

So my question is, shouldn't there be hose clamps on here? Admittedly I'm a complete and total newb when it comes to kegging, but I can't see how this setup wouldn't cause some massive CO2 leaks.

For comparison, here's a photo from the kegconnection.com website showing the kit. It's very low resolution, but I'm pretty sure I can see hose clamps where mine has none.
balllock2STAINLESS.jpg

Any advice is appreciated.

-piet

IMG_0020.jpg

yeah they definitely forgot the clamps. Just contact Todd the owner from Keg Connection, hes a very nice guy and will help you out right away!

I got mine from KegConnection today too. I have hose clamps on all the gas lines, but not on the hoses on my plastic picnic taps. Is that standard? They seem to be on pretty tight, but I'm worried they might slip off with pressure applied for a long time.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected Garrett. Just sent them an email, and given their previous responsiveness and glowing track record here on HBT I'm pretty confident that they'll correct the oversight.

DeafSmith -- My liquid lines have clamps on both ends, though they're shanks/faucets and not picnic taps. I'd suggest you do what Garrett said -- get in touch with Todd or Ben at KegConnection.

Kegconnection is great at fixing any problems. But if you can't wait just go to you local hardware store. Hose clamps are very cheap and easy to put on.

pstrohs -- fortunately I can wait. They shipped it *way* faster than I expected (that's one of those good problems), and the brew I plan to keg is still in the midst of fermenting. I know I can get them at a hardware store, though it's not exactly local for me -- $5 in subway fare plus the cost of the clamps is money I'd much rather put towards my next brew...

I like your photo there, all the way to 11...ha

They are actually very handy to have the next time you're near a hardware store, I bought a ten pack at the hardware store so I always have them on hand. Use them for kegging lines, tubes to ball valves while brewing etc. Also bought a screwdriver that fits over the nut so its easier to get on/off tubing while brewing.
On the liquid side of the picnic tap, they shouldn't have a hose clamp.

Back