Hops, nothing found at LHBS, all out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweed

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought of an IPA recipe off the top of my head which included Simcoe, Amarillo, and Citra hops, as well as Centennial. My LHBS near work has none of these, besides the Cent. Anyone know of anywhere that has these right now, or do I have to wait 'about a month' for them to be ready from falls harvest??
Now I have to switch my mini brew to a choc oat stout that I've been waiting to try out, and racking half onto mint leaves. :mug:

I got pounds of them in the freezer... come on down to DC!!!!

Worst part I don't even use them... they were in a bundle of stuff I bought!

DPB

You're toying with me and I don't like it! haha
Sure thing, I'll get right in my car and make the short ~10 hour drive down from Boston. :fro:

I really wanted to make up some good ipa's for when I go visit my brother and sister and law (and nephew, but he can't drink only 2 yrs old) in October. Hopefully they can stock up soon!

DPBISME said:
I got pounds of them in the freezer... come on down to DC!!!!

Worst part I don't even use them... they were in a bundle of stuff I bought!

DPB

I work 15 minutes from DC. I'll take em

Yeah, online is your best bet. Those are all have way more demand than supply. I just used the last of my Amarillo ad it made me a little sad. The harvest is coming up though!

Yeah, online is your best bet. Those are all have way more demand than supply. I just used the last of my Amarillo ad it made me a little sad. The harvest is coming up though!

Right, I checked Northern Brew and Austin, looks like I'll have to wait. I also cannot even find anyone that sells El Dorado hops... I have thought of a very cool IPA that I am going to use (if I find them) them in.

www.midwestsupplies.com seems to have all 4 that you're looking for. Just to save you the sticker shock, Amarillo is $3/oz for pellets...

That's strange, I just checkled midwest and they were out of amarillo and citra, I only looked at the 10z hop pellets for each. They did have simcoe. I have to do it on my phone, because work restricts "alcohol" sites :confused:
Thanks!

The Dude, I just moved to Salem NH (not sure why my location didn't change on there??) but I did go to NFG a few times as they were close to my gym. I work in Woburn and go to the Woburn shop since its litterally right around the corner. I'll have to check out the salem one now :)

The LHBS I work for has all those in stock. Not sure I'm allowed to post the link though. Haven't been around this forum long enough to know the supplier rules....

Here's another tip if you're in Salem. Hit McKinnon's Market for beer. They've gone slightly downhill but I use to be able to get Orval for $4.99 :) The selection isn't as good and Orval is now $6.99 but add the grilling selection of food and it's still good.

Here's another tip if you're in Salem. Hit McKinnon's Market for beer. They've gone slightly downhill but I use to be able to get Orval for $4.99 :) The selection isn't as good and Orval is now $6.99 but add the grilling selection of food and it's still good.

Thanks, I know the area a little. I have a few friends up here. But, I will check out McKinnons. Just at the Shaws or Market Basket they have pretty decent beers!

Received my hops in the mail when I got home from work yesterday. Very fast delivery!

Nikobrew has the worst packaging I've seen from a hop seller. Might as well have used Ziploc baggies to ship their hops in. Not a problem if you plan on using them right away though.

What kind of packaging is it?

Latest posts

Back