hops bitterness/flavour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lylo

Reaction score
I need alittle help identifying what I like.Some of my favourite beers are Boddintons pub ale and Guiness,and some of my least faves are most IPA's.
I am not sure what I am tasting,is it the bittering hops or flavouring additions that come through in IPA's?

Off topic
I was looking around at the bottom of the page to see who was online,but didn't see myself?

IPA's generally have a lot of both bittering and flavouring hop additions. Unless what you don't like is Keith's "India Pale Ale" which isn't a good example. The bitterness should be obvious, and doesn't impart much actual flavour. The flavour and aroma hops are sometimes a little hard to separate but generally add various fresh, plant-y, resinous, or sometimes fruity flavours.

Can't help with the somewhat metaphysical question of your onlineness, or existence in general ;)

All,right I found me!!All is good,if only now I could explain the taste I don't like.I think someone referred to it as carpet store, LOL.

Back