Honey Brown Ale Dry Hop???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arog3000

Reaction score
I made a honey brown ale with the following recipe(5 Gallon)

10 LBS of 2 Row Pils
1/2 LB Crystal Malt
1/4 LB Chocalte Malt
1/4 LB Harris Otter Pale Malt

I had three hop additions.
3/4 oz of Kent Goldings at 60 min,
2/3 oz of Kent Goldings at 30 minute,
and 3/4 oz of Williamette at 2 minute.

I used Wyeast American Ale 2.

I added the 1/2 LB of pure honey three days into fermentation(It then went crazy :). I was going to tranfer and add a 1/2 oz of Cascade to dry hop at seven days but now I am thinking that it won't be good for this beer. Wondering what you think and also any other ingredients and yeast strands you think would be good for this beer in the future. Cheers!!

Fuggle or Willamette dry hop would work with the honey brown. Fuggle being more earthy than Willamette. But Willamette will be less earthy,& more floral/herbal/spicy sort of thing. It's nice indeed.

Fuggle or Willamette dry hop would work with the honey brown. Fuggle being more earthy than Willamette. But Willamette will be less earthy,& more floral/herbal/spicy sort of thing. It's nice indeed.

Thanks. I do have whole leaf Williamette here that I could use. I am thinking of using a different bigger yeast strand next time too and possibly adding some more ingredients in.

You could even try steeping 8oz of honey malt for more honey flavor instead of the real one. But it would be a bit maltier with a hair less ABV. But good,I think.

Latest posts

Back