Hokie Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texupnorth

Reaction score
I AM A HOKIE, DRINK MY BEER.

So I've been brewing for about a year now, and I just got started doing all grain.... so far its been an experience. Awesome, but definitely a learning experience. I just got started on this forum because of some issues I've been having with my Chimay Red clone (see Chimay Red Gravity way off in the all grain section).

Just wanted to say hi and get aquainted.

Hey there Hokie! Welcome aboard. I've been at it on and off for about 13 years. Never saw the need to go all-grain but I did move to kegging. I guess I just like to drink and improving the delivery system was conducive that. :)

So where are you at? Make it up to Lane in the fall?

Welcome aboard Hokie Brewer. I am a Hokie Dad - Brewer. My oldest is in Blacksburg as a Freshman this year. Since she is starting something new, I figured, I would start something new. Mine is HomeBrewing!!!

Have one on me!! :mug:

So you just did your first AG batch -- did you buy or build some equipment, or borrow a friend's?

I have also been extract brewing for a little over a year. I did my first partial mash today, using DeathBrewer's mesh bag trick, and it worked great!

Being the type of person I am, I could NEVER allow myself to buy the AG equipment premade! I had to build everything I could. The only thing I didn't build is the wort chiller, only because I got such a good deal on ebay for it. I've always heard you can get more control of the flavor with all grain, so I decided to go with that. Oh and soon I'll have to post some of the pictures of my St. Patty's day brew....its, um... impressive to say the least.

My SO is a Hokie but alas, he's gone over to the dark side and become an Aggie for graduate school. (I'm a Longhorn so we are a house divided). Welcome!

Back