Hidden in wall beer tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittygouv30

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in the process of having my house built. I have a 4 tap keezer but want to have it in the basement out of view on the main floor. I want to run a PVC or something while the walls are open for easy install later once it's all closed and the house is built.
I'm planning to run 4 glycol chilled beer lines from the kegerator in the basement, up behind the sheet rock, to a cut out in the wall which will be covered by a hinged picture frame. I know this has been done before but can't find the thread(s).

Any advice?

Any links to similar builds?

Thanks,

Corey

Only thing that I can think you should do is run as large as you can piece of PVC pipe behind the wall. You can then pull your beer lines and glycol lines up through it. Heck, maybe even two, three or four of them side by side depending how big of a pipe you can fit into the wall.

Are you paneling the walls in the basement as well? I have a hard time visualizing the feasibility of running glycol chilled lines through a PVC pipe small enough to fit within a wall. Then again I guess toilet drains are a pretty good size in diameter and they seem to hide behind walls without much trouble. Will this be an insulated trunk line? Having only run simple security system lines through walls and attics, I can't imagine the difficulty of running six 3/8" OD lines, even with PVC as a guide. Let alone insulating them. I would be interested to know how this turns out, though.

I have a similar setup to what you're proposing. I posted some photos in a previous thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-basement-taps-upstairs-possible-374851/#post4691667

I did mine with a blower and air, but in hindsight I would have done glycol. The air system doesn't quite keep up in the summer months, and I get extra water in the kegerator that I think is due to air exchange. Let me know if you have any questions... these photos are before I installed the backsplash, looks much better now with the tile in place.

I have a similar setup to what you're proposing. I posted some photos in a previous thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-basement-taps-upstairs-possible-374851/#post4691667

I did mine with a blower and air, but in hindsight I would have done glycol. The air system doesn't quite keep up in the summer months, and I get extra water in the kegerator that I think is due to air exchange. Let me know if you have any questions... these photos are before I installed the backsplash, looks much better now with the tile in place.

I am working on a similar setup although my lines only have to go about 18" to the back of the wall. I am doing air cooled lines through PVC...posting progress pics as I move it forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am working on a similar setup although my lines only have to go about 18" to the back of the wall. I am doing air cooled lines through PVC...posting progress pics as I make additional progress.

Here is the link...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=495154

The only question I have is...

How are you going to pour a beer if you hide the taps in the wall? You might want to mount the taps on the outside of the wall... on the surface... so that you will be able to use them.

Just saying....

He'll be able to open the picture frame to get to the hidden beer taps. Sounds like a great idea!

Back