Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is before the rest...

P1020859.JPG

Warming some sauce...

Pouring a SNPA draft...

I wish every day, could be like today.

Damn...

Those are some awesome ribs. I need to get another rack.

The smoke flavor was just about right on, I mean it could have stood a little more, but it was nearly perfect.

The meat was thick, juicy, soft... with a little bit of nice bark coating the juciy goodness that lay inside.

I heated up some Montgomery Inn sauce to slather a couple ribs in... again, perfection.

Thanks for the tips guys, thanks for following. They were incredible, better than any pork rib I have eaten by far.

I have an electric smoker...

Not as rustic and hardcore as many of you. Mine though, was new, and free! It is nice to plug it in, and forget it for about 6 hours (I learned today).

I have an electric smoker...
It is nice to plug it in, and forget it for about 6 hours (I learned today).

You know, there is a lot to be said for that. I usually prefer my charcoal smoker, but I definitely have to babysit it all day. With my propane rig, I just have to refill the water bowl once or twice, and can otherwise just leave it chugging away. Both produce outstanding BBQ.

hard to beat free.

Yah, my neighbor bought it, never used it.... had it out with his wife last summer and tossed it in a construction dumpster in the neighborhood... so I went and picked it up. Complete with manual, lava rocks and mesquite blocks.

He can smell the hickory smoke from his house (2 houses down) today... Too bad so sad. I love this gem!

BGE is the greatest invention ever.

I've seen, used, and even built a lot of smokers. They all have their place in the culinary world. If it tastes good baked or fried, it'll be even better grilled or smoked!

BLL,

What kind of propane smoker do you have? I've been looking at an upgrade for the ECB that has been so faithful to me over the past 2 years.

BGE is the greatest invention ever.

I've seen, used, and even built a lot of smokers. They all have their place in the culinary world. If it tastes good baked or fried, it'll be even better grilled or smoked!

agree 100%. i've got a large and a mini and i'm about to add a medium to my egg collection.

BLL,

What kind of propane smoker do you have? I've been looking at an upgrade for the ECB that has been so faithful to me over the past 2 years.

It's a cheap Brinkmann, one of the bullet-style models...probably not unlike your ECB! My friend gave it to me when he bought his BGE. It does the job, and I can just turn the gas half-way up and maintain a nice steady 225° for hours.

Nice work, Pol!

A well made beef rib is a thing of beauty. Makes a pork rib seem like a dweeb.

I must, however, express my disappointment that you did not post a pic of the ribs cut apart and ready to eat...

Nice work, Pol!

A well made beef rib is a thing of beauty. Makes a pork rib seem like a dweeb.

I must, however, express my disappointment that you did not post a pic of the ribs cut apart and ready to eat...

Cut apart? I just shoved them into my mouth. You are supposed to cut them?

I much prefer the beef ribs I made today, to any pork ribs I have had.

Toady is hickory smoked ribs part deux! These were for an occassion on Saturday, but I was called out at 3m to work. SO, today is the day, they have been marinating in the fridge in a foodsaver bag for 36 hours.

Into the smoker at 4:45am with some hickory chunks and some apple juice in the water bowl. The smell when I woke up at 8am was phenominal, I love smoke.

picked up some baby back ribs today... did a nice dry rub and threw them on the grill an hour ago (sadly no hickory though)

Now I'm having a few too many beers (bell's two hearted is phenomenal!)

i was thinking of diluting some bbq sauce with bmc to start mopping the ribs

picked up some baby back ribs today... did a nice dry rub and threw them on the grill an hour ago (sadly no hickory though)

Now I'm having a few too many beers (bell's two hearted is phenomenal!)

i was thinking of diluting some bbq sauce with bmc to start mopping the ribs

Use apple juice instead of bmc.

Back