hi I need lil help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya it does dam but the frozen one don't.have any preservative can I use frozen or it have to be bottle juice I have not try this befor so I am need to brew an to cider making
Thanks for the help
Gingerpower

You can make hard cider out if any apple juice (frozen concentrate, bottled, fresh squeezed), but be aware that the processed 100% juices have other things added to help with the flavor. You will not get as true a cider flavor as when you use fresh pressed juice, but it will be close. I have added spices to my cider when using the these to help mask the processed flavor a bit.

It'll work like a charm! I just made some 2 weeks ago with the very same stuff. Came out a little dry and bland, so I added a 3 cups of Brown Sugar to my 4 gallon batch at bottling for sweetness, and then pasteurized. DON'T FORGET TO PASTEURIZE IF YOU ADD THAT MUCH SUGAR! You will have the 4th of July in your bottling room without pasteurizing. It turned out pretty good...but starting with TRUE apple cider would probably make a better product.

can u make hard cider from walmart brand great value 100% apple juice
Gingerpower

Yes. I use that exact same brand all the time, works great. You can make hard cider out of any apple juice, just be sure to check the label for preservatives. Ascorbic & malic acids are OK though.
Regards, GF.

Thanks I try it how my yeast should I use for like a gallon batch do u think
Gingerpower

Thanks I try it how my yeast should I use for like a gallon batch do u think
Gingerpower

I know it may seem like overkill, but I'd just throw in a whole dry packet. If you go to Vino Aquino on 6th avenue in Tacoma, he sells dry wine yeast for less than a buck a packet for Montrachet. That's what I use to make my apfelwein.

Could I use the 5 gallon water bottle

Some guys do, taking care not to scratch them while cleaning. Some folks also worry about them being potentially oxygen permeable, meaning you wouldn't want to do long term storage.

On the Brewing Network, I heard them discussing using water bottles one time and them ditching them, eliminating the cleaning problem. Great if you have an unlimited supply of them - like being somewhere where they don't reuse them.

I honestly don't know how good they are to use. There are several threads here that discuss them.

Maybe start here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/culligan-water-bottle-57828/

I just brew a 5 gallon batch of brew an I put in a food grade bucket but it seem that it not going.the airlock not bubbleing so how do I fix that

But I do have 2 Gallon of cider an there doing great on that I just had ex champagne yeast no beer yeast so throw it in I hope it work

Champagne yeast is preferred over beer yeast when making cider. You'll be fine.

The suggestion to pitch the whole packet might be silly, though... pitching too much yeast isn't the best idea. Next time use 1/5th of the packet per gallon of cider.

Add champagne yeast in my beer brew because I didn't have beer yeast I didn't think it hurt it so o check to see there any bubble if not idk what to do can I save it

Started my first batch of apfelwein and I can confirm the scent. Wow, sticking this stuff in my work area was a bad idea!

O no well I didn't miss up too bad time to bottle later and yeasterday I brew a 5 gallon batch of Irish stout extract my first so I hope this turn out I think I did fine and I don't know what I am brew after this batch

Ya but I use the champagne yeast an there not activity to it. So I think I going to start over so I only did two gallon batch so just going battle but I have a gallon cider with the heffe in it should I bottle that becauce not activity on that too I think it go too cool shock the yeast

Back