Hi,guys another noob question about pumpkin ale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobby

Reaction score
Hi,guys sorry for another noob question.I really want to brew pumpkin ale.
I have can of Muntons Premium Old Ale
3 cans of Organic Pumpkin Pie Mix :
Ingredients: Certified organic pumpkin*, organic cane sugar, organic spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice).
300 g. of lactose
500 g. Muntons Spray Malt Medium.
SAFALE S-04 FERMENTIS
I planning to brew small 15 l. batch

1. bake pumpkin pie mix along with a bit of molasses
oven bake 200 c. for one hour.
2.Add pumpkin mix along with Muntons Premium Old Ale kit,spray malt to the fermenter
3.Add Lactose 200 g.
4.If needed add Pumpkin spice tea to the bottling bucket.

I found here on forum that guys had brewed before pumpkin ale with Farmers market mix and add it to the mash,I don't have a possibility mash brew,only kits at the moment.:drunk:

My questions are can I put pumpkin pie mix directly to the fermenter?
I guess mesh bag will be useless.Longer time in the secondary?Like a month?
Will be 200 g of lactose overkill for 15 liters?
Other recommendations?
Thank you guys always for help and your time.

The spice mix can go directly into the fermentor. I like to throw the spice mix in the last 5 min of the boil. I would personally skip the lactose, as I dont know what your projected FG is, but if using lactose, 200g seems appropriate. Keep a note of how much spice you use, so you can tailor future batches to the spice level of your liking.

Thank you very much for quick answer,I'm planning o.g. 1065 and ferment down to 1015 will see how it goes.

Just one more question please for such a batch 15-16 liters.Should I use 3 cans of pumpkin mix /one can is 425 g./ or two will be enough?
Thank you.

Back