Hi from north Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh_K

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a few months and thought I may as well register so I can occasionally chime in.

I'm 35 and have been homebrewing since I was 18. I was visiting my grandparents in Hershey, PA when I was 18 and went to the beer store hoping to convince the shop owner that I was 21. Mission accomplished and I walked out of the store with a case of Celebrator and a beer newspaper that talked about homebrewing. The Celebrator made quite an impression, as did the newspaper, which was called Alephenalia Beer News if I remember correctly.

As soon as I got back to Memphis, I found a health food store and bought a homebrew setup. My parents were supportive despite my constant boil-overs in the early days. :D

I put the hobby aside for a few years but picked it back up about 5 years ago. I had always done malt extract recipes in the past but started all grain batches about a year ago. Thanks to a loving and supportive wife, I was able to start kegging around the same time.

This is a seriously fun hobby that I truly enjoy and I look forward to sharing accomplishments and experiences with fellow beer lovers. On that note, on to what you really want to know. On tap, I have a Scottish Ale Export 80/ that is pretty tasty. There's a keg of India Black Ale that is priming, a dopplebock in secondary that I will bottle in late April, and a strong IPA in primary bubbling away.

I look forward to getting to know you folks. Cheers!

Back