Hi from NE Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malc

Reaction score
Hi, like others I have been lurking and posting a few times here and there. I am from a town near Youngstown, OH. Halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, PA. This place has been a great resource. Got started like many others with a gifted Mr. Beer, and thought "this isn't bad, but I bet I can do better." So far I have only attempted partial mashes. Planning to go to all grain soon.
Also somewhat of a DYI guy. Beer related, I converted a fridge using ideas I found here. I am amazed by some of the stuff I have seen those guys come up with. Been giving serious consideration to trying that beer engine build. Anyway, look forward to chatting with all of you. Later.

Hi, like others I have been lurking and posting a few times here and there. I am from a town near Youngstown, OH. Halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, PA. This place has been a great resource. Got started like many others with a gifted Mr. Beer, and thought "this isn't bad, but I bet I can do better." So far I have only attempted partial mashes. Planning to go to all grain soon.
Also somewhat of a DYI guy. Beer related, I converted a fridge using ideas I found here. I am amazed by some of the stuff I have seen those guys come up with. Been giving serious consideration to trying that beer engine build. Anyway, look forward to chatting with all of you. Later.

Welcome! Have you ever gone to the Pumphouse in Struthers? I've only been there once, but enjoyed talking brewing with the owner, and having a sample of his pale ale. I'm also from a town near Youngstown!

Welcome! I'm a relatively new "participant" here, too, although I've done a LOT of reading and learning from this group. They've unknowingly helped me make some great beers! Glad to see some more NE Ohioans here...

Welcome! Have you ever gone to the Pumphouse in Struthers? I've only been there once, but enjoyed talking brewing with the owner, and having a sample of his pale ale. I'm also from a town near Youngstown!

I live in Struthers, so that is my local HBS. Greg is a great guy. If you are local, have you heard about that tasting event at the the Lowellville Rod and Gun? Should be a good time.

I live in Struthers, so that is my local HBS. Greg is a great guy. If you are local, have you heard about that tasting event at the the Lowellville Rod and Gun? Should be a good time.

I'm from that area, and go visit a couple of times a year, but now live about 700 miles away. I did get a chance to get to the Pumphouse last summer, and chat about the National Homebrew Conference with Greg, and he helped me come up with a nice English IPA recipe. I was in Ohio after the conference, visiting family and friends and picking up one of my kids who were staying with my family for part of the summer. I was also there at Christmas time, but I haven't been back since.

We had a little meet-up at Christmas time, near Cleveland. It was about an hour's drive for me (I brought my daughter for my DD) and got to meet some HBT'ers. I recommended trying to get together with each other, if you can, because a group brew day would be awesome!

I'm from that area, and go visit a couple of times a year, but now live about 700 miles away. I did get a chance to get to the Pumphouse last summer, and chat about the National Homebrew Conference with Greg, and he helped me come up with a nice English IPA recipe. I was in Ohio after the conference, visiting family and friends and picking up one of my kids who were staying with my family for part of the summer. I was also there at Christmas time, but I haven't been back since.

I just noticed there was a location next to your name. How silly of me:drunk:
I see you are in that State Up North. I hope you are at least still a Buckeyes Fan:D

Thanks everybody for the welcome.

Back