Hi all from Boston!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bball3414

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a new brewer out here in Boston!
Currently working on third brew, a dark brown ale. Will be bottling it tonight and i cannot wait!
My previous ones were a pale ale from the Coopers' brew kit. (didnt turn out that great--- but i attribute that to waiting over a year to use the ingredients. I didnt have the space in my first apartment!)
My second was an imperial pale ale. Which i think turned out great. I love bitterness and the hop aroma to beers and it def. had that. It was a hit with my friends too.

Not sure what my plans are for my next batch, but suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also... if anyone on here in the Boston, MA. area knows of a homebrewers club or something to that, please let me know!

thanks,

Rich

Hello and welcome to the site. I would try suggesting something, but I'm still a bit unfamiliar with all the types of beers. I've only tried a limited amount.

Just a suggestion...There is a LHBS in Woburn...they have some decent kits there to start you out ...and their prices are fairly reasonable....

yeah... ive been up to Woburn. Beer & Wine hobby or something like that. They are really nice and knowledgable up there. There is alsot barelycorns out in Natick. Which is a cool store, but i feel like they gear themselves more towards brewing groups on premises. I liked it, but they dont have pre-assembled kits. Which I was pressed for time and the guy took almost 45 minutes to assemble my ingredients b/c he kept having to help the brewing groups. So a pre assembled kit would have been nice in the matter. But since the were fresh ingredients, cant argue with that right?

Try Modern Brewer in Cambridge. One of the best stores around. Also, the Boston Wort Processors is a huge brew club with a great reputation.

Oh and Welcome from Central MA!! Formerly Somerville. I have done my fair share of drinking in Brighton. . . ;)

marko--- thats really cool. Were you part of that group when you lived in this area?
do you know if they are generally receptive to new people just showing up to meetings? Or, is it the type of thing where i should shoot off an email to them first?

+1 to Marko's comments. I get a majority of my stuff at Modern Brewer and am good friends with a bunch of folks in the Worts. I am in South Shore Brew Club but we're probably a bit far from Brighton with the Worts right there.

Hi bball, sorry I didn't get back to you. I got into homebrewing about 3 years ago and I remember shortly after there was a big write-up of the "Worts" in the globe. Check out their website about new members, but what I remember, they seemed like a very welcoming group of brewers.

One thing I love about Modern Brewer is that you can get just what you need and not have to always buy an ounce of hops or a pound of grain. They are very cool in that you can go in there and get whatever help you need or just start pulling and weighing out your ingredients. They have good turnover too so I have always found their products fresh.

Great to have you and welcome again!

I've been in the Worts for the last 3 or 4 years. Check out my link in my sig for more information. Randy at Modern Brewer is a member of our club.

thats pretty awesome! Thanks again for all the advice guys!
Ill try to stop in on that wednesday meeting in january hopefully!

Back