Hey there from Louisville!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwsmith15

Reaction score
After several years of drinking wonderful beers and trying different ones my friends have suggested, I have decided to take things into my own hands. I have been a fan of great hobbies all my life (golf and saltwater aquaria), but have never found one to help me better enjoy the others... until now. I have thought about this many times and have always had a dream of opening a bar of some sort. I have not yet started a batch, but have most of my supplies and am finishing off the first few chapters of How to Brew before I begin. This seems to be one of the best support/discussion forums I have found.

Hope to have many posts and recipe discussions in the future.

Matt

Greetings from Jeffersonville...Are you in the process of joining a Homebrew club? There is 2 in the area that are very good and alot of fun (Lagers in Louisville and FOSSILS in New Albany) Great people who have a great time and very helpful. Also there are a few great businesses (My Old Ky Homebrew shop/ The Beer Store/ Sergios' Beers) and as far as Brewerys/Brew Pubs you have Cumberland/Brownings/BBC/New Albanian/Upland (Bloomington)...So you have a ton of options...Drop me a line here at HBT if you have any questions...Good Luck and Congrats on finding the HBT forum...

Hey Recusit8m, I have been to Rich-O's on numerous occasions, but never to New Albanian. I knew it was a brewery, but didn't know they had a tap room, etc. Rich-O's serves their beer right? Cumberland Brew's is great, I hit that place every so often after work.

I need to check out the brew stores around, all of my equipment has come from the Beer and Wine Making Supply store, as I didn't know the others existed until recently. I think I am going to go by My Old Ky Homebrew on Wed for their beer making demo, if they still have it, need to call.

As far as clubs are concerned, I have checked out LAGERS website and think I might visit their meeting, but haven't really decided yet.

I would recommend My Old Kentucky Homebrew over the other one. The prices are better, they have hours that people can actually work with and (the big one) Paul cares about making beer.

I'm in Louisville as well, PM me if you have a need to.

Back