Hi from Vancouver Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinng

Reaction score
Ironically I’m a Teetotaler but I found this forum because I was looking for a place to refill my CO2 tanks. The 5lb tanks are easy to find places to refill (search Fire Safety Supply, or Brewery) but the paintball/sodastream sized tanks are nearly impossible to find a refill place.

The paintball places in Richmond have switched to High Pressure Air (HPA), so no CO2 there. I used to drive down to Blaine to Dicks Sporting Goods but that is a lot of CO2, to get CO2.

After calling around a bit, I found a place that would refill small (<5lb) tanks so I created an account just to reply to that discussion.

Happy CO2 refilling!

Hey, I'm also from the Vancouver area. I've seen several posts on Facebook Marketplace offering CO2 refills for soda stream at a lower price than the grocery store swap. I assume it's just people with larger tanks at home and the fittings to be able to fill the smaller bottles. Maybe try one of those?

Hey, I'm also from the Vancouver area. I've seen several posts on Facebook Marketplace offering CO2 refills for soda stream at a lower price than the grocery store swap. I assume it's just people with larger tanks at home and the fittings to be able to fill the smaller bottles. Maybe try one of those?
Thanks! I’ve seen those too, unfortunately what I haven’t isn’t actually a SodaStream tank (fitting T21*4) but a “beverage grade” paintball tank (fitting CGA320 with pin), so I painted myself into my own corner.

I’m hindsight, it would have been more convenient to go with SodaStream bottles. Some of the gas refill places even do SodaStream, and my mini regulator actually mates with SodaStream so I needed yet another adapter to use my CGA320 tanks…

Thanks! I’ve seen those too, unfortunately what I haven’t isn’t actually a SodaStream tank (fitting T21*4) but a “beverage grade” paintball tank (fitting CGA320 with pin), so I painted myself into my own corner.

I’m hindsight, it would have been more convenient to go with SodaStream bottles. Some of the gas refill places even do SodaStream, and my mini regulator actually mates with SodaStream so I needed yet another adapter to use my CGA320 tanks…
Gotcha, that's a bummer. I hadn't realized that the paintball crowd were moving away from CO2 and I'm completely unfamiliar with the bottle type you have. Good luck finding someone who can fill it!

Gotcha, that's a bummer. I hadn't realized that the paintball crowd were moving away from CO2 and I'm completely unfamiliar with the bottle type you have. Good luck finding someone who can fill it!
Thanks! I was able to find that some Fire Safety/Prevention places that service commercial kitchens can refill the larger tanks, and I did find a paintball place in a nearby city that would still refill CO2.

Re-posting here in case their search stumbles in to this thread instead of the other thread.

For 5lb or larger tanks,
Fairlane Fire Prevention
4877 Hastings St
Burnaby

It’s $30 to refill a 5lb tank.

Unfortunately I have a 13oz (<1lb) tank which has a CGA320 fitting but has a pin, so they can’t refill those. For small tanks, I’m going to take it to

Ambush Paintball
7550 160 St
Surrey BC

They’re open Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm, and it’s $5 to refill a 13oz tank.

Latest posts

Back