Hey Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee_smn

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego, just started brewing. My second batch is in the secondary and my first batch is still bottle conditioning. Really enjoying this great new hobby. Had a friend who started me on it, he has since moved. Most of my learning comes from books and sites like this. Seems to be going well so far, no real questions yet, just wanted to introduce myself to others enjoying this hobby.

Cool. I'm in South Park, which is close to downtown and all that. If you need any help finding anything around here, feel free to message me. I'm a native and a beer snob, so I know most of the good spots in town. And if you ever want to run through an all grain batch, I would be glad to have you over.

Ohh cool that'd be great, I only have the equipment for partial mashes now, and would really like to see an all grain process. Swamped through holidays but maybe after. Where do you do your shopping, Home Brew Mart? Is that the only place around, they seem kind of pricey, or are they about typical? Some are real friendly, which helps, and I don't mind on grain or hops and yeast but the equipment seems like I'd be better off, even with shipping charges.

My brother lives kind of close, on Adams. I like it over there. Homebrewing is starting to bring out the beer snob in me, but we still enjoy a little more divey places. My favorite over there is the Triple Crown.

Nice to see some local brewers. I am living in La Mesa so not too far from all of you. Home Brew mart is the place I shop for most things, but watch out when those guys are hungover. I have been overcharged for White Labs yeast several times. (The yeast gets on two or three times instead of one) I just started the all grain process (two batches under the belt) and am working along trying to perfect things.

Home Brew Mart is a pretty good store for sure. There's a new on e in North Park that opened this week. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Home Brew Mart is a pretty good store for sure. There's a new on e in North Park that opened this week. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Really? I hadnt heard that. Where is the new location of HBM? Or is it just a new home brew store? I would be interested in checking it out. Do you have the name of the store?

That would be nice, Linda Vista is a little out of the way, especially with traffic. HBM does look a whole lot nicer since they rearranged it.

No, that might be retro we're over by The Kroc Center, we were there but that was years ago.

Back