Here's My Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin0782

Reaction score
I had a single tap Haier kegerator for quite a few years. The compressor decided to quit on me, so I decided to upgrade my draft situation. Here is the result of a lot of planning, and about 2 weeks of work.

I have it sitting on a wooden base made of 2x6 boards and 3 inch casters. I concealed it with 1/4 inch plywood that I painted black, which I just have loosely sitting on the floor. It fits pretty snug around the bottom though, because I measured twice and cut once. The base brought the height up by about 7 inches, which was very much needed. Without a base the taps were pretty low, still could come up another couple inches but I'm okay with it as it is. I have a 140mm computer fan and a dehumidifier inside. Johnson temp controller. I have a double regulator on my CO2 tank, and a 3 way manifold. That way I can have two different pressures if I want to.

I attached weather striping to the underside of the collar, so it's not adhered to the freezer itself. I wanted to ability to remove the collar. I can't get the freezer out of the room it's in without tilting it up vertically, so I thought that would be the best way to go. There are a couple of magnets on the back side of the drip tray shelf to prevent it from tipping over. I also have shelf liner under the drip tray to keep it from sliding around. The same liner is under the bottles and glasses on lower shelf. The poster behind it is meant to make you feel uneasy, and as though you're being watched, should there be any attempt at unauthorized use.

I'm pretty pleased with it overall. I made some mistakes with the wood, but it fits together and... I had never done any woodworking at all, so I feel pretty accomplished. Especially since there were no instructions! (Not to say this board didn't help me, a lot. I couldn't have done it without the many great keezer threads on here!)

20190822_183745.jpg

20190822_183745.jpg

I love the shelf. I have been looking for a way to attach my drip tray and I think you have the beginnings of what I am looking for.

I love the shelf. I have been looking for a way to attach my drip tray and I think you have the beginnings of what I am looking for.

Thanks! I spent a lot of time thinking about how to do the drip tray, and this made the most sense for me in the end. I'm really glad I did it this way. It's just four 1x6 pine boards, gorilla glue and a couple of L brackets, all coated in poly. Pretty simple!

Back