Help with a kegged beer that had a co2 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethlovex

Reaction score
I believe I had a leak in my beverage line, after I had the gas hooked up it held at 10 psi for 3 days. Then I hooked up the bev line with a cobra tap, it was delicious. The next morning, my tank was empty. When I bled the stout, it was totally flat. My apfelwine keg still has pressure in it. They are hooked up via manifold. So I won't be able to refill my tank for awhile and was thinking about bottling my stout.
Can I siphon into a bottling bucket?
Should I add priming sugar? I don't think there is any way to determine the volumes of co2 currently dissolved.
A

I would wait until I get the tank refilled, check for leaks and hook it up again instead of bottling the stout. Since it would take two weeks or more to carbonate in bottles it would not be ready any sooner.

I believe I had a leak in my beverage line, after I had the gas hooked up it held at 10 psi for 3 days. Then I hooked up the bev line with a cobra tap, it was delicious. The next morning, my tank was empty. When I bled the stout, it was totally flat. My apfelwine keg still has pressure in it. They are hooked up via manifold. So I won't be able to refill my tank for awhile and was thinking about bottling my stout.
Can I siphon into a bottling bucket?
Should I add priming sugar? I don't think there is any way to determine the volumes of co2 currently dissolved.
A

You can still refill the tank. Just disconnect your keg from the system. It will maintain pressure while you go out and get more CO2.

Back