***help Please### Yeast!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... or maybe not... it's not showing up..... bummer..... either way llama... that's a quote-worthy line!.....

<edit>
ohhh sure....... now it shows up! ;)

Ok thank you guys. I was just a little frustrated with it, but the good news is that it's doing it's job already bubling up a storm right now.

Ok thank you guys. I was just a little frustrated with it, but the good news is that it's doing it's job already bubling up a storm right now.

Those little buggers know what they're doing.

Get in there after a week or so and get a hydrometer reading. Don't rely on airlock activity. Plan on letting that beer sit around for 2-3 weeks before you rack to a secondary or bottling bucket.

It's an octoberfest beer. We were going to try transfering it to a secondary this time. So i should transfer in 2 to 3 weeks to the secondary? Also was going to try priming with brown sugar?

It's an octoberfest beer. We were going to try transfering it to a secondary this time. So i should transfer in 2 to 3 weeks to the secondary? Also was going to try priming with brown sugar?
2-3 weeks would be good. Lean towards 3 if you can wait.

I wouldn't prime with brown sugar...but that's just me. Stick to the basic recipes and processes your first few batches out. It will be easier to identify and correct any weak areas.

Back