Help needed in eastern NC USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailman

Reaction score
I've not been around for a long time, life kind of gets in the way.
rsz_img_20191008_103100.jpg
I've got the itch to brew again. Back then I was getting parts together to upgrade from Brewing on the stove. I've got two 15 and 1/2 gallon stainless steel kegs that I need help with sanitary TIG welding. I've reached out to a couple welding shops in town and either they won't call me back or they can't do sanitary welds. I'm willing to help and pay.

I didn't even think about being so thanks for the tip. But I just got off the phone with them and it doesn't look promising. The people that weld for them are part of their commercial business and it may not be worth their time. I'm only looking to get three fittings welded. Who knows maybe they'll give me a call back but in the meantime still looking for help.

I don’t really mean to be “that guy” in your thread, but have you given thought to weldless bulkheads?

If you’ve been out of the scene for a while the bulkheads you can get from Vendors like brewhardware.com are not the piecemeal bulkheads from days of yore that were prone to leaking.

I get that you may have your reasons to go with welded fittings but you may not want to dismiss the weldless bulkhead options because of what you heard in the distant past.

Good luck with getting your keggles done!

Back