Help! I don't know what these pieces of plastic do!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiewould

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Have started on my keezer build. When I took the freezer lid off, I think two bits of plastic flew off and I'm not sure what they do. Are they important? =)

Cheers,
Eddie

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

That was my thought too. But they don't seem to stay on (as visible in the photos, the holes are square and significantly bigger than the diameter of the torsion bar)...

I feel super dense right now...

That was my thought too. But they don't seem to stay on (as visible in the photos, the holes are square and significantly bigger than the diameter of the torsion bar)...

I feel super dense right now...

Maybe locate an exploded drawing of the freezer. The one that shows all the parts.

It looks like they're parts 11 and 12 on page 8 of that parts break down. Looks like they slip over the end of the torsion bars (as said by others). Probably held in place by tension on the bar when everything is mounted. The ears on the part keep the torsion bar spaced away from the hinge frame so that the moving part of the hinge doesn't hit the bar. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Look for marks in the paint that correspond to where the part has been pressing into the paint.

Back