Help! Can I Wait To Force Carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia_Ranger

Reaction score
I just racked my beer and was planning to force carb it but the CO2 cartridges I ordered are the wrong fit for the regulator. Am I ok to put the serving keg in the fridge and rack it tomorrow (or in a few days) as soon as I can get the right cartridge? This is my first time dealing with kegs so I apologize for being frantic!

I think you'll be okay. Your biggest enemy would be any potential exposure to oxygen and/or bugs when you were transferring to the keg. Assuming your FG was good to go and fermentation is complete, you should be fine IMO.

Don't crash in the keg if you have no way to provide counter pressure. In theory your keg can handle a slight vacuum, but you'll more likely just find a way to pull in O2.
If you can add a small amount of sugar and yeast to "keg condition," that might be your best bet.
If you do crash, chances are you'll be okay in general, just riskier

Don't crash in the keg if you have no way to provide counter pressure. In theory your keg can handle a slight vacuum, but you'll more likely just find a way to pull in O2.
If you can add a small amount of sugar and yeast to "keg condition," that might be your best bet.
If you do crash, chances are you'll be okay in general, just riskier

Thanks for the reply --- I cold crashed it the night before racking it thinking the CO2 that was coming in the mail would be the right size but it was not. If I have it in the fridge now and have release valve on the keg lid, should I pull it up every once in awhile until I can get CO2, would that help or hurt?

Back