Force carbing mini kegs in series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipperypete

Reaction score
I am planning on getting a few of the 8L oxebar bottles from Kegland to dispense my home brew as l like the versatility and being able to take a smaller bottle with me elsewhere. I plan to dispense them connected in series so i don’t need to keep switching the cap, but my question is would I be able to force carb them in series, or would I need to carb each one individually and hook them together later?

Any help is appreciated,

Scott

Welcome to the forums at HomebrewTalk :mug:

You can't practically serially-carbonate vessels without some form of circulation involved.
Carbonate the kegs separately, then link them together...

Cheers!

How many oxebar kegs do you want to carbonate at once? Do you have or would you be willing to buy a manifold with that many ports? 'Cause while you can't force carbonate in series very easily, you certainly can force carbonate in parallel.

How many oxebar kegs do you want to carbonate at once? Do you have or would you be willing to buy a manifold with that many ports? 'Cause while you can't force carbonate in series very easily, you certainly can force carbonate in parallel.
I was planning on getting 3, but I’ll likely just set up a 3 way line with QDs at the ends to attach to carbonation caps on the bottles.

I put a little sanitizer in each leg and the direct fermentation gas in the liquid port of each and put the gas port to the next leg inline. The last one goes to a bubbler or blow off tube

Just daisy chain the tapping heads. ‘Gas’ to ‘gas’. First in series has 2 ‘gas’ caps.

Just daisy chain the tapping heads. ‘Gas’ to ‘gas’. First in series has 2 ‘gas’ caps.
1) Kegco ball lock posts are universal. They come in different colors, but all have the same shape and fit both gas and liquid QDs.
2) The tapping head has a dip tube (of course). Unless you remove it you'll either bubble gas through the beer or push the beer out to the next minikeg. If you do remove it to carbonate you will have to open the minikeg to replace it.

Back