Help Buying Regulator Parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjthomas21

Reaction score
So I built a keezer over the weekend and I want to put the CO2 tank on the outside and run 1 hose through the collar to attach to the dual regulator on the inside. I currently have the dual regulator attached directly to the CO2 bottle inside of my refrigerator that holds my kegs and I am trying to figure out what pieces I need to buy for this new setup.

I found this piece which I plan on attaching to the input on my regulator so I can run the hose from the CO2 tank to the regulator. The problem I am facing is I don't know which piece/pieces to buy to attach to the CO2 tank that I put the gas hose on.

Does anybody have any experience with this that can point me in the right direction? Does my plan make sense? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Edit: I've looked around a little bit more and have come across the parts which I think I need. It seems as if I need a Cylinder Valve Nut and a Cylinder Valve Stem. Does this look correct?

This is the high pressure line I use. I've been thinking about tracking down the parts to build a shut off valve so I don't have to depressurize the line to swap CO2 bottles, but haven't bothered so far.

I used to have my regulators inside the kegerator with the CO2 bottle outside. I recently rearranged my setup, but am still using the hose. I've got 4 primary regulators inline, mounted on a back plate with the CO2 bottle sitting off to the side. Makes closing the supply from the regs to the kegs easy, so venting the high pressure line to swap the CO2 bottle for a swap is all done easily in one place.

May I suggest using a single stage reg at the Co2 bottle, then run a low pressure hose to your manifold inside the kegerator, which could have a regulator for each output of the manifold. It will be cheaper in the long run since high pressure hose and swedged fittings is expensive. 800+ psi is serious stuff.

May I suggest using a single stage reg at the Co2 bottle, then run a low pressure hose to your manifold inside the kegerator, which could have a regulator for each output of the manifold. It will be cheaper in the long run since high pressure hose and swedged fittings is expensive. 800+ psi is serious stuff.

Great suggestion.

So if we're a chicompany customer, are we allowed to say that we had a good experience there? I must have missed the permaban on Chicompany discussion?

Back