HELLO HELLO HELLO!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy8

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I was here last (about 5 years now) and it's insane that it's actually been that long. Life has been pretty crazy and other life things keeping me occupied. Anyway, I am getting ready to brew my "Signature" (The recipe I shared way back then) batch of root beer, and I thought I'd come back in here for ol' time sake and see what was going on.

It's been great to look back at all of the wonderful posts and look forward to possibly spending more time in here again. Right now, I am still married to my awesome wife (and always will be), last year her and I started doing foster care and we still have our first placements and we will now be adopting them (2 twin 3 year old boys and their adorable 1 year old sister and yes she's daddy's girl:D) I have also started my own IT business (https://www.guardiantechsolutions.com for those who want to check it out, not for a sales standpoint, but if you're just curious to see what I do.) along with being employed full time in a cybersecurity role at Minnesota's, and one of the countries, if not world, largest medical device company.

These are the bigger things going on in life and have kept me away from making muh favorite brew. All of that to say "hello" lol. but to also say that I look forward to possibly spending more time with everyone in here.

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Welcome back, from another Anoka County brewer!
Thank you very much. How goes it neighbor? I'm actually originally from Blaine. Lived a few blocks directly behind Roosevelt Middle School. :) Moved up here 8 years ago after getting married.

Thank you very much. How goes it neighbor? I'm actually originally from Blaine. Lived a few blocks directly behind Roosevelt Middle School. :) Moved up here 8 years ago after getting married.

I live about a mile south of your old neighborhood in Blaine.

Took me a while to make the connection, but I see you're the guy with the popular root beer recipe around here. I just started dabbling in root beer, but just making 1 liter batches in pop bottles, using extract and a few minor additions. Force-carbing with CO2 and carbonator caps. Not to the point where I'm boiling roots, yet. :)

I live about a mile south of your old neighborhood in Blaine.

Took me a while to make the connection, but I see you're the guy with the popular root beer recipe around here. I just started dabbling in root beer, but just making 1 liter batches in pop bottles, using extract and a few minor additions. Force-carbing with CO2 and carbonator caps. Not to the point where I'm boiling roots, yet. :)

Oh man, so you're right in the area I grew up. That's pretty cool. My parents are still there, but all of us kids are out. :) Yeah my Signature recipe did quite well in here. It still blows my mind...lol I'm definitely looking forward to making it this weekend with my best friend. Starting off with 1 liter bottles is honestly a great place to start for a number of reasons so there's definitely nothing wrong with that. My friend just got a kegorator and a bunch of force carb stuff, so we are going to try a batch in there and see how it turns out. Goodluck on your new brewing journey. It'll be cool to see how it all turns out for you.

Back