Hello from Yorkshire, UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D@VID

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer and winemakers :)

A little about myself for starters.

Have been making wine for around 15 yrs now and still consider myself as a novice there's soooo much to learn but hopefully will find some good advice on here and will try to help out if the need arises.

In general I only make traditional wines and the odd batch of cider in between.

regards D@vid :)

Welcome to the group. It needs more experienced wine makers. I post there occasionally, but the closest I get to wine making is high gravity blackberry cider. If you know of a good book for beginning wine makers, there is a post in the wine section asking about one.

Hello D@VID from another David in Cheshire.
I have my first wine waiting to drink and my next waiting to start. I've just bottled my first cider.

Looking forward to any tips you can offer.

Hello D@vid, welcome to the forum! This is a great place. :)

I am a homebrewer, but have just started my first gallon of wine. A Beaverdale kit...Pinot Grigio. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I look forward to some of your more experienced advice on winemaking....

Hi D@VID! Glad we have another UK Homerbrewer and one with wine experience! Welcome onboard the love boat!

Welcome to the Forum David ! I think we have room for two more Brits besides you. We're pretty full as it is. Have fun here, but try not to use too much British slang. It confuses us Yanks. :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, it sure feels like home on here :)

D@VID, I meant to ask about the hawthorn berry wine you have in secondary. Have you ever done it before?

Caplan,
No I havent, its a trial run thats why I only did a single gallon :) if it turns out ok then will go for a 5 gallon batch next year.

Its a nice colour though, heres a picture when it first got going

hawthornberry22ak.jpg

its about finished fermenting .998 and looks different from the above now will take a picture and post it when I rack it off

:)

Thanks! I've got hawthorn berries in my freezer from this season but i've been told not to bother as it produces a dull result - Let me know your thoughts when you go to the next stage - After the previous advice I had I'd planned on defrosting them in small batches and putting them out for the wild birds over the winter! They'll go to a good use either way....

Back