Hello from Utah, land of the.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRNDRVR

Reaction score
Hello there folks, thanks for having me.

I new to this forum but frequent other (mostly rock crawling) boards pretty regularly. I do know how to search! ;)

I live in Utah which is home of the Mormon run state liquor commission. [biting my tongue]:off: [/biting my tongue]

Like I said, I live in Utah, I’m not from Utah.

I'm just getting into home brewing with my next door neighbor. We started with the Better bottles and all the other stuff that'd get the beginner started. I'm already looking at the Hobby Beverage Conical Fermenters as an upgrade from carboys. Although we're having fun and sucess with what we got already.

For your curiosity, TRNDRVR stands for 'train driver'. It's what I do.

Again, thanks for having me.

Dan.

You've gotta brew a 15% double IPA or imperial stout just to stick it to the state, in your own little way.

Welcome!

lostforatime said:
Are you guys going to make some 3 2 beer
rofl2.gif

chillHayze said:
You've gotta brew a 15% double IPA or imperial stout just to stick it to the state, in your own little way.

Welcome!
Thanks! We're getting there.

Actually I stick it to the state every time I go to Idaho or Colorado.

Used to be the town of Corrine Utah sold regular strength beer and on Sundays as well/ Brigham Young hated the place so much it was not considered a part of Utah. That as recent as 1980.

For those in Arizona, there is a parcel of land south of Ash Fork called Santa Maria Land Float #5. It is also known as the Boukias Ranch. It is owned by a Basque family and not a part of Arizona really. It's status is very much like the Indian Nations. Its about one and a quarter million acres and considered the largest or one of the largest ranches in the US. It was a land grant given by Spain prior to 1750.

I wish we didn't have to mess with state liquor stores in Oregon. Prices would be lower marketed in regular supermarkets.

I lived in Happy Valley (Prozac, UT) for 5 years and was an Outlaw Homebrewer for all five. Isn't it still illegal to homebrew in Utah?

I thought Utah was the only state that homebrewing wasn't legal? I'm in Oklahoma and the laws aren't much to talk about here either. I hope this turns out to be a continuing forum as I now have the time to brew more and talk more. Have a good one and welcome to the forum, I am new as of yesterday myself.

feedthebear,

This is a sticker I have on the side of my play toy.
utahbeer.jpeg

Hope you enjoy, and I'm sure you understand.

Dan.

mmmm 3.2 beer.... I remember when we visited my hometown Park City last year on vacation. I drank six Wasatch Ale Polygamy Porters before I felt anything!!

If I lived in Utah, I'd develop a beer called "Rockwell Porter." Named after B.Young's friend, (and bodyguard) Porter Rockwell.

It wouldn't be a 3.2 beer, either. Porter Rockwell liked his beers strong, from what I've read.

steve

I drank six Wasatch Ale Polygamy Porters before I felt anything!!"
I had a guy from Canada tell me the same thing about a month ago.

Wasatch has great beer names and slogans, "Polygamy Porter, bring some home for the wives." But I like Uinta's beer better. They sell the undiluted stuff at the liquor store. Plus, they don't use twist tops and the lables are the easiest of any beer I've tried to take off.

There's a new Park City Brewing Company that has a restaurant and microbrewery. I haven't tried the restaurant, but the beer is pretty good stuff. They sell 7-packs and the labels are just as easy to take of as Unita's.

I can't believe that Bluffdale is naming a road and horse trail after Porter Rockwell. I think of him more as being BY's personal assassin rather than friend and bodyguard.

Well, as a disclaimer, I was raised as a Mormon. (You should be able to tell, I don't follow all the rules!)

He was also the "bodyguard" to BY's predecessor. Didn't do that good of a job, but BY still hired him.

steve

I was too. Ironically I stopped being Mormon when we moved to Utah.

I need to make a correction, Uinta does use twist caps. For some reason I've got myself convienced that their barley wines I bought need a bottle opener. It must be the 10.4% on the label that makes me forget.

Back